Hacking Can DSTwo Brick 3DS?

PityOnU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I brought my DSTwo into the office today with the idea in mind of updating it to the most recent firmware and getting it up and running on my 3DS XL.

However, one of my lab mates told me in passing (after seeing the card) that his 3DS had bricked after using a DS flashcard similar to it.

Have there been any reported 3DS bricks from using just DS mode flashcarts? If so, I will avoid using this in my Pikachu 3DS XL as the risk of breaking my baby outweighs the enjoyment I would get out of playing some old DS games.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing you could do in normal use of the DSTWO to play DS (or GBA/SNES/etc emulated) games will brick anything.

There are some things you can do with a DSTWO that could lead to a brick, such as install the bad versions of Gateway's launcher.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah as long as you don't run the "exploit" NDS apps designed to activate the hack for the launcher file to enable 3DS mode code to run, then you'll be fine. That and once you do, you'd have to go to the 3DS menu and access the DS profile afterwords to activate the exploit. So you'd have to intentionally brick the console if you had the know how, so it's not really something that would happen on accident.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)