Homebrew Can Citra emulator damage PC

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In most cases it's not true. If your PC is badly made, has cooling problems, and doesn't have properly working safety systems that prevent damage at high temperatures, then any other modern PC games would have caused damage as well.
Thanks, unfortunately I won't be using it, somehow the latest windows update made it run slower than my android phone. I updated graphics card driver and all but nothing (It's AMD so probably coz not optimized for OpenGL)

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, unfortunately I won't be using it, somehow the latest windows update made it run slower than my android phone. I updated graphics card driver and all but nothing (It's AMD so probably coz not optimized for OpenGL)
Hi, you are smart to be mindful of CPU heat, however your priorities in cooling should be considered.

You can usually control your computer fans from the windows program "speedfan," this program requires special configuration in order to turn the fan speed up and down. I think you can also increase the fan speed in BIOS, but I have better luck using speedfan. There is a good chance your PC fans aren't running at full speed right now.

There are also other pitfalls in overheating regarding your fan placement (google intake vs exhaust PC fan)

don't forget, the "thermal paste" on your CPU wears down, it's a pain to disassemble your pc and clean/replace the thermal paste, BUT it's doable if you're careful.

Consider replacing your CPU fan with a "post market" "heatsink" (heatsink is an enhanced CPU fan.

Cleaning your PC of dust will greatly instantly cool your system

I used to think fan placement was stupid, I thought more fans is simply better, until I got serious about it. I promise you these little things make a huge difference, even if you simply clean out your pc.

Last edited by yuyuyup,
Reactions: HideoKojima

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, you are smart to be mindful of CPU heat, however your priorities in cooling should be considered.

You can usually control your computer fans from the windows program "speedfan," this program requires special configuration in order to turn the fan speed up and down. I think you can also increase the fan speed in BIOS, but I have better luck using speedfan. There is a good chance your PC fans aren't running at full speed right now.

There are also other pitfalls in overheating regarding your fan placement (google intake vs exhaust PC fan)

don't forget, the "thermal paste" on your CPU wears down, it's a pain to disassemble your pc and clean/replace the thermal paste, BUT it's doable if you're careful.

Consider replacing your CPU fan with a "post market" "heatsink" (heatsink is an enhanced CPU fan.

Cleaning your PC of dust will greatly instantly cool your system

I used to think fan placement was stupid, I thought more fans is simply better, until I got serious about it. I promise you these little things make a huge difference, even if you simply clean out your pc.
Thanks for the detailed explanation I appreciate it, I will consider it for sure

Reactions: yuyuyup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE