Hacking Question Can base Nsp games be played without update?

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering if I only have a base Nsp game (v0) without updates will I be able to play it after installing using tinfoil or it will require me to update it ?

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes you can play the game unless there is some game breaking bug / content missing that requires an update (like in LA Noir, Wolfenstein, Monopoly)

Reactions: HideoKojima

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, you can very well do that. When you start the game and it asks for an update it should also give you the option to start without updating. But, like GyTe said, tinfoil homebrew is your friend

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can very well do that. When you start the game and it asks for an update it should also give you the option to start without updating. But, like GyTe said, tinfoil homebrew is your friend
Thank you. Quick one, when you say tinfoil homebrew is my friend, should I understand that there are alternatives?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you. Quick one, when you say tinfoil homebrew is my friend, should I understand that there are alternatives?

Right now there are only two apps that can install updates and DLC to my knowledge: Tinfoil and DevMenu. DevMenu is more dangerous of course because it's a Nintendo app that end users shouldn't be able to get access to

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Right now there are only two apps that can install updates and DLC to my knowledge: Tinfoil and DevMenu. DevMenu is more dangerous of course because it's a Nintendo app that end users shouldn't be able to get access to
There is also Rommenu which is TX's title installer but it is still eclipsed by Tinfoil which has network install which neither DevMenu nor Rommenu have.

GyTe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As per my test at the moment tinfoil is the best solution... Devmenu, beside the copyright material, can ben a pain in the axx if you want to use... Specially if you're on firmware before 5.1... Just pick-up the latest tinfoil release and use it!

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use DevMenu (if you not use the switch online), if in someway, the nsp asks you for a update, that witch you use DevMenu to cancel that requirement to update
Does this mean that there are some games that cannot be played without update. I'm asking as I remember watching a video tutorial where the there's a message to download update and it couldn't be canceled, hence the game wasn't playable.

GyTe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does this mean that there are some games that cannot be played without update. I'm asking as I remember watching a video tutorial where the there's a message to download update and it couldn't be canceled, hence the game wasn't playable.
Exactly.. tinfoil will patch automatically the NSP in order to be executed on lower firmware...

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wasn't sure if to create a thread but i wanted to take full advantage of the brawlout unlock exploit since i can't find a complete save posted anywhere. i am currently on 6.2.0 ReiNX & usually installing a v0 aka 1.0.0 game would bring up the option to update the "software" or not but in this case i get a "software update required" message even when i am not connected to the internet. how can i bypass this when i start the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y