Can anyone help me find a specific cable?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Chocolina, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Chocolina
    OP

Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2012
    United States
    What I'm looking for is something that looks like a high quality Male 3.5mm to 2x Female 3.5mm splitter cable, but instead of the two females just duplicating the audio signal, I'd like one female and the other differentiate between the Left and Right audio channels.

I already have something like this rigged where I'm using a series of RCA Stereo splitters and 3.5mm cables linked up to make up what is essentially a 3.5mm splitter that splits channels instead of jut duplicating the signal, however its incredibly messy and not pleasant looking and frankly I'm tired of how it looks and how sometimes I get interference. (Male 3.5mm to Female RCA L&R + Two Male RCA L&R to Two Female 3.5mm)

I was curious to know if any of the members here know what or where I can find a high quality single cable that does the job of my three cables. It should basically need to look like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Y59zwJxcL.jpg , one Female 3.5mm should direct only the Left Audio, and the other only Right audio.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Normally in this case I would just solder something together or build it myself. Alternatively I would get one of the many splitters I have around here and just chop the offending channels of the relevant segments.

By the way on that image the socket appears to have a four ring jack plug. I assume that is nothing of note and you just linked the image as rough overview of what you want.

Regarding interference. You might instead want to look at figuring out where it is coming from as a cheap nonstandard cable is hardly likely to be well shielded.

Back on topic though. http://www.amazon.com/HOSA-Stereo-3-5-Phone-Male/dp/B000068O5H/ seems to be the thing.
    For the record though a lot of the normal splitters do well at stereo separation, if you have a proper proper reason like central speaker and sub splits then carry on.

3. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
  4. Chocolina
    OP

Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2012
    United States
    Yeah the picture was just for shape reference. I didn't know if 3.5mm Male to two Female 3.5mm was an adequate enough description.
    And thank you, I just-ordered one before the price rose by $2.
    I had my own series of Stereo and 3.5mm splitters and etc, but I wanted a single seamless cable.
    The cable you suggested was what I was looking for. What I have now, I only have/put together because 4 years ago these weren't on Amazon or pretty much any store, so I've had difficulty in what to call them.

I think they started getting popular since chargeable portable speakers started to become a bigger thing. If you daisy-chain them like they were designed to, you get blairing sound as all your your audio signal is being pushed into one speaker, but if you split the channels, you get clearer-sound quality, and actual Stereo sound. I've been using iHome as Desktop speakers and they get the job done and take up less desk space, and I can take them with me.