Can anybody port this game?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Coolperez8, Apr 1, 2013.

Apr 1, 2013
  1. Coolperez8
    OP

Member Coolperez8 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hey guys! I need you to port a game to the DS for me. It's... not coded, this game was made by Mark Overmars as part of his Game Maker example Games. I modified it to my liking. Game Maker is actully a drag & drop based game creation program, but supports coding features. I'm sorry but I cannot give the graphics as they are not multiples of 8. http://205.196.123.36/max407u72qeg/k782t43oiyukh2u/Street+Racing+DS+s1.zip

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  3. Coolperez8
    OP

Member Coolperez8 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There's a similar program called DS Game Maker. I've heard a rumor (Change .gmk to .dsgm & it will be compatible) which does not work. well, since it's similar, I just now have a new r4 that supports DS game maker games! woot! now I can port it...

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    That extension change will in no way make it compatible, whoever said that had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.

porkiewpyne likes this.
  5. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    DS Game maker is from a guy, not from the people that made Game Maker, but from A GUY...who happened to use that name. They are completely different. If you hear otherwise and believe what they say, then don't. If you haven't noticed, not everyone has the greatest of naming sense.

Your options are:
    - Build from scratch and make your own engine that is similar to what you want
    - Get someone to build it for you
    - Give up

And no, there is no shortcut. No, there is no Game Maker converter to automagically understandable by DS.

porkiewpyne likes this.
  6. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom
    Try treeki/dirbaios nsmbe :) if ya want simple platform ds games . albeit mario style but thats only cuz its a nsmbe , would be kinda cool to see someone create a non mario game in nsmbe lol

7. BLsquared

Newcomer BLsquared Game Programmer

United States
    DSGM and GM are completely different! I would know; I use both.