Homebrew Can anybody port this game?

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys! I need you to port a game to the DS for me. It's... not coded, this game was made by Mark Overmars as part of his Game Maker example Games. I modified it to my liking. Game Maker is actully a drag & drop based game creation program, but supports coding features. I'm sorry but I cannot give the graphics as they are not multiples of 8. http://205.196.123.36/max407u72qeg/k782t43oiyukh2u/Street+Racing+DS+s1.zip

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the source code is not written in a portable language. The source code for the game isn't even compilable by itself, it's interpreted, and the interpreter's source isn't available either.

But you were already told this.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/need-help-porting-games.345210/

There's a similar program called DS Game Maker. I've heard a rumor (Change .gmk to .dsgm & it will be compatible) which does not work. well, since it's similar, I just now have a new r4 that supports DS game maker games! woot! now I can port it...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
There's a similar program called DS Game Maker. I've heard a rumor (Change .gmk to .dsgm & it will be compatible) which does not work. well, since it's similar, I just now have a new r4 that supports DS game maker games! woot! now I can port it...
That extension change will in no way make it compatible, whoever said that had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DS Game maker is from a guy, not from the people that made Game Maker, but from A GUY...who happened to use that name. They are completely different. If you hear otherwise and believe what they say, then don't. If you haven't noticed, not everyone has the greatest of naming sense.

Your options are:
- Build from scratch and make your own engine that is similar to what you want
- Get someone to build it for you
- Give up

And no, there is no shortcut. No, there is no Game Maker converter to automagically understandable by DS.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Try treeki/dirbaios nsmbe :) if ya want simple platform ds games . albeit mario style but thats only cuz its a nsmbe , would be kinda cool to see someone create a non mario game in nsmbe lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.