Can any NDS Flash Hardware or Software do this...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jb518, Sep 13, 2008.

Sep 13, 2008
  1. jb518
    OP

Newcomer jb518 Newbie

United States
    Ok, so I've got a question...

Today I started organizing my ROM collection because my Acekard 2 and microSD memory card should be showing up any day now. After spending a few hours unzipping, renaming and prepping the files, I find myself with alot of titles. I original planned on breaking the titles into different folders, like A-E, F-J, and so on. However, some of these titles I'm not familiar with, so I wanted to find out if there is a way to put keywords to each ROM.

If anyone is familiar with programs like Adobe Photo Album, they know that you can apply multiple keywords to a single image, so when you click a keyword, only certain images appear. I was wondering is there any kind of software that can do this on the DS?

Essentially, I would like to apply keywords like Genre, IGN rating, Letter of the Alphabet it would fall under... that way if I want to play a game with a rating of 9.0 or higher, I can click 9.0+ and all the games with that rating would appear. If I wanted to play only puzzle games, I could click Puzzle Games and a list of those would appear.

So does this exist? I'm guessing not, but I figured I should ask. If anyone know of a way to do this, please let me know.
    Thanks!

2. mcjones92

Member mcjones92 Forest Fam

United States
    I don't think so. I mean you can make folders with those kind of tags and then put the ROMs in the folders, but otherwise, I doubt it. the Acekard 2 lists the ROMs and homebrew in alphabetical order.

3. jb518
    OP

Newcomer jb518 Newbie

United States
    Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know for sure, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to help. Yeah, I know I could just put them into folders, but I was hoping for a way to apply multiple ways to categorize the games. Oh well...