Hacking Can Adrenaline Run Retro Emulators?

DrumMaster777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install retro emulators like NES, SNES, Genesis, etc that were possible on a PSP?

I have a modded PSTV nd the last two versions of Retroarch have a bug that makes running it impossible on a PSTV.

So I want to install every possible emulator inside of Adrenaline if possible

DrumMaster777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to go back to the version that was working, those aren't available anymore on the Retroarch database site

Ever since I upgraded Retroarch from 1.8.9 to 1.9.0 the program crashes and will never load games. I read somewhere on the net that some other person had this problem describing it as a bug for PSTV only, not on a regular Vita, it's never been fixed since even after 1.9.1 being released

Is there a guide to install those emulators in Adrenaline?

Last edited by DrumMaster777,

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to go back to the version that was working, those aren't available anymore on the Retroarch database site

Ever since I upgraded Retroarch from 1.8.9 to 1.9.0 the program crashes and will never load games. I read somewhere on the net that some other person had this problem describing it as a bug for PSTV only, not on a regular Vita, it's never been fixed since even after 1.9.1 being released

Is there a guide to install those emulators in Adrenaline?

Apps don't get "installed" in psp cfw, you just add the files to the appropriate folder and they show up under the games section

DrumMaster777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I already have psx backups in the pspemu/PSP/GAME folder then PSP in pspemu/ISO

So you're saying my NES backup files goes in one of those? Is there a way to give separate subfolders on the xmb? To separate all my systems otherwise it would have to be meticulously organized by transfer date and time, copy and paste every game by system starting with the oldest ( ex - NES, SNES, PSX, PSP)

D

Deleted User

Ok so I already have psx backups in the pspemu/PSP/GAME folder then PSP in pspemu/ISO

So you're saying my NES backup files goes in one of those? Is there a way to give separate subfolders on the xmb? To separate all my systems otherwise it would have to be meticulously organized by transfer date and time, copy and paste every game by system starting with the oldest ( ex - NES, SNES, PSX, PSP)
your nes roms go into the roms folder of the appropriate emulator folder, as with all of the other emulators

basically you have game/emulatorname/roms

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it possible to install retro emulators like NES, SNES, Genesis, etc that were possible on a PSP?

I have a modded PSTV nd the last two versions of Retroarch have a bug that makes running it impossible on a PSTV.

So I want to install every possible emulator inside of Adrenaline if possible

@DrumMaster777 ,on your PS Vita install this and you will have the emulators on Adrenaline Nes,SuperNes,Genesis etc...

Reactions: nowhereman87

Alexander404

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It's possible if you put your emulators in the ISO folder so Adrenaline can detect them. Never tried to do it myself though because I'm worried how adrenaline will read the file structure of the PS VITA (especially if you have a big sd card like 64gb and larger). If you don't want to use Retroarch then I'd advise you to just use the separate emulators designed for PS Vita instead of emulating through an emulator.

DrumMaster777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone, I think I will try one last time to find an older version of vita retroarch 1.8.9 or below, I tried some stand alone emus I found nd some of them don't even work or like FBANeo a pain in the ass, I will bookmark the 'psp emus' download if all else fails

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1