can action replay work as a flashcart?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by xbradyx, Sep 21, 2010.

Sep 21, 2010
  1. xbradyx
    OP

Newcomer xbradyx Newbie

United States
    so my apologies if tis been covered before, i cant seem to find anything about it. i rencently required a first generation DS..i read up and have a little bit of working knowledge of how the whole flash cart thing works, a coworker of mine has one in his and has nes, snes, scummv emulator, etc...but is there a way on an oldschool ds with an action replay to play media and play backups of new and existing ds games? i may wind up gettign a card because AR is kind of bulky but its worth it to me to be able to go buy it tomorrow as opposed to wait around after ordering a card..any help is appreciated.

2. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Did you know flascards has a FIRMWARE and this firmware can run a game with ACTION REPLAY CODES?

3. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Flashcards support cheats with no need for a AR

pretty much all flashcards support this

there are many that utilize this feature well

among which are the Ak2, CycloDS, and Super Card DSTwo

4. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    He's asking if you can run homebrew and ROMS from a Action Replay. Short answer: No.

5. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    AR Media Edition can load homebrew. No AR can load ROMs. AFAIK, all AR can act as a NoPass for other devices, but that is useless unless you have a slot 2 flash cart already.