Homebrew Can access Luma menu, but can't boot

Liukar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I found my "new" 3ds xl, and apparently my brother tried to update it (he had it the whole time) so the screen is all black, except that I can access the Luma menu by pressing select in the boot, trying to run sysNand does nothing nor changing emunands. I used to have the original nand backup however I thought I had lost my 3ds so I removed it. Is it hardmod fixable only? Or by accessing Luma can I install a new cfw? Thank you all for the help! :)

Last edited by Liukar,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, so I found my "new" 3ds xl, and apparently my brother tried to update it (he had it the whole time) so the screen is all black, except that I can access the Luma menu by pressing select in the boot, trying to run sysNand does nothing nor changing emunands. I used to have the original nand backup however I thought I had lost my 3ds so I removed it. Is it hardmod fixable only? Or by accessing Luma can I install a new cfw? Thank you all for the help! :)
Hopefully only a case of incompatibility of your Luma3DS with latest firmware (which can be easily solved by replacing boot.firm on the SD). Hold (Select) on power on to bring up Luma3DS settings. Interesting is the version number at the very top "Luma3DS v???? configuration" and the source from where it got loaded at the very bottom "Booted from SD via B9S".

Make sure the Arm11 crash handler is turned on. This option needs to be unchecked:
( ) Disable Arm11 exception handlers

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-