Hacking Can a 2ds xl play 3ds roms?

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the 2DS XL play 3ds roms? If so, I'm assuming it would need a flash card. If so, what flash card would be used?

I just realized that this console is not even available yet.

How about 3DS XL? I just read somewhere that 3DSXL can play 3DS roms but has to be under a certain firmware level? What would that be? What would be the proper flash card to use?

Thanks.

Last edited by roveer,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until they are released we will not know this. Though chances are there will be a way. Currently the only flashcard that works on ofw is sky3SD so that may work. Though it's entirely possible it won't work either. It depends on the firmware they ship with. If 11.4 or newer we'd need new exploits for it. If below we are golden. Or should be. Regardless it's impossible to tell yet.

roveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until they are released we will not know this. Though chances are there will be a way. Currently the only flashcard that works on ofw is sky3SD so that may work. Though it's entirely possible it won't work either. It depends on the firmware they ship with. If 11.4 or newer we'd need new exploits for it. If below we are golden. Or should be. Regardless it's impossible to tell yet.

So what about 3DSXL. What Flashcard works with that and does it have to be under a certain firmware level?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently the sky3SD card works with 11.4 (latest firm) for all available models. However the new2dsxl may break comparability with it. I'm not sure if a hardware rev can do so but if Nintendo can stop it that way I promise you they will. However I'd recommend against buying a flash cart. Just make sure you get a system on firmware 11.3 or lower. Those firmware can be hacked to install a9lh (an arm9 exploit that loads CFW or other payloads at boot.) And use it with luma CFW and the freeshop app for all the needs that the flash cart offers as well as cia homebrew comparability. (Emulators run far better installed as a .CIA game rather than run as a .3dsx file.) So it's just not practical to buy the flash cart when all you need is a good size SD card for the system and to not be on the latest firm. (Most any system currently sold as new will work.) If it's used you'd have to check with the seller before buying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout