camera stopped working after installing freakyhax

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by undertaletrash, Jun 18, 2016.

1. undertaletrash
    OP

undertaletrash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    Belgium
    nowwhere in particular
    when i try starting the camera (or anything that uses it), it displays an error, tries to go to the home menu and freezes, anyone know how to fix this?

2. Stevo_l33

Stevo_l33 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Not sure on a true fix but try holding power button down until the system shuts off. Turn back on, if that doesn't work try removing the battery for a couple minutes and power on again. Have you tried using it without the sd card in? Or try it without freakyhax? Otherwise the only option I can think off is disassemble your system and see if there's a loose connection but if your not comfortable doing this then deff don't even try. That's all I got.

3. Ricken

Ricken We'll Carry On

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    Try using Rinnegatamante's Ninja cam and see if that works (rinnegatamante.it)

4. undertaletrash
    OP

undertaletrash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    Belgium
    nowwhere in particular
    NinjaCam just shows a black screen.

5. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Try disassembling it and make sure the camera ribbon cable is properly plugged in. If you have a 2DS this is especially easy.

Doubt it's an issue caused by freakyhax.

Xiphiidae, Koko-Kun and Ricken like this.
  6. Stevo_l33

Stevo_l33 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    If you've tried all our above suggestions have not worked then deff disassemble. Just remember to not go quickly and risk pulling or breaking another cable. iFix it has a good tutorial on there site.