Hacking Calling all UK flashcart users...

pichon64

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi! I'm looking for reports on people from the UK buying flashcards after this new English law prohibiting them. Specifically reports about buying online. I need to advice some friend about this issue.

Thanks in advance
wink.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Although I brought a flashcard before this new law came in place (IIRC the new law started around July time) I don't think it really matters where you buy it from

- I think the Law states that no site based in the UK can advertise such cards or import them, however it does not cover buying cards from sites that are abroad & who export them to the UK

The BBC website had this to say about it
QUOTE said:
The ruling specifically targets a range of popular devices which can be used to store and play copied games on the Nintedo DS handheld console.

The ruling says "game copiers" are illegal to import, advertise and sell in the UK.
I think I've seen posts of people living in the UK buying from Shoptemp & still receiving cards regardless of this rule.
I also think the reason is that places like Shoptemp sends the card out with a general description of 'Electrical component' (or something like that) meaning that Customs don't really know what's in the package

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well don't forget - I haven't brought a card since the new rule came out
All I can tell you is my interpretation of what the BBC has stated

BTW I did have a look @ the Shoptemp Forum & found this post
QUOTE said:
For those in the UK, just to let you know ordered my DSTwo with free delivery on 20 October, was shipped on 22 October and just received it on 16 November
so it does look like flashcards are still 'coming into' the UK

cozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered 1 flash cart from tempshop and 1 cart from priceangles 4 weeks ago,and i hav`nt got them
frown.gif
,all said they have shipped!!!Ithink some of the them are saying they have posted them put NOT really sending them as they know that they are band in the UK,SO be aware!!!

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cozy said:
I ordered 1 flash cart from tempshop and 1 cart from priceangles 4 weeks ago,and i hav`nt got them
frown.gif
,all said they have shipped!!!Ithink some of the them are saying they have posted them put NOT really sending them as they know that they are band in the UK,SO be aware!!!
Regular postage or courier? My brother paid extra for courier delivery of the Acekards he received from Shoptemp yesterday. He's still waiting for one that he ordered four weeks ago with regular postage.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would imagine it's the same for the UK as the US, but when I got my R4 a few years back it was declared at Customs as something along the lines of 'PC CARD READER'.

tdawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to pick one up for a christmas present, but I cant find anywhere shipping a cheap one in time for christmas.

tdawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i checked a couple sites, but couldnt find any that would get one here by christmas unless i paid stupid money fo rpostage

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
shoptemp is currently not selling flash cards...they seem to be in some legal trouble but they assure that everyone who has previously paid for theirs that they will receive it. Looks like everyone needs to find another shop to order from, at least in the meantime until we find out the amount of damage this has caused to shoptemp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.