Hardware Homebrew Misc Cab i put 3,8gb zip on fat32 and then open it and get the bigger file on there?

Wondermike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey guys

I wonder if i can get around the 4gb limit (just a little) on fat32 devices.
If i compress the files in zip folders smaller than 4gb and put them on the harddrive, wil i then be able to open them and get the bigger file on there that way?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Wondermike

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not the internal, its gonna be an external
LOL. You can use a NTFS formated drive with the PS3 for moving/installing Pkg, and ISO, that way the 4gb FAT32 limitation is not an issue. Webman, and Irisman file managers both, can read/install from a NTFS drive. Not sure if you can play games directly from the external NTFS drive, but you can use it to copy files from pc, then copy to internal hdd on PS3. Have fun!

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Wondermike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
LOL. You can use a NTSC formated drive with the PS3 for moving/installing Pkg, and ISO, that way the 4gb FAT32 limitation is not an issue. Webman, and Irisman file managers both, can read/install from a NTSC drive. Not sure if you can play games directly from the external NTSC drive, but you can use it to copy files from pc, then copy to internal hdd on PS3. Have fun!
I know this, but for some reason webman will not recognize NTFS anymore, in the beginning i played games straight from my NTFS usb, but will not work anymore. irishman still recognizes it but i would like to get the games in the webman folder, because then my girlfriend is ably to figure out how to open games and play without calling my to explaine 😂

All i need to know is if what i am asking is possible, but i guess i'll try it and see 🤦‍♂️

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Its not the internal, its gonna be an external

Well in that case, no. FAT32 can't handle more than 4GB due to design limitations. It's not like say the 32GB limit of the windows format utility which is an artificial restriction.

Your options are to either split stuff, use the internal HDD, try and fix NTFS support or maybe look at exfat.

I know this, but for some reason webman will not recognize NTFS anymore, in the beginning i played games straight from my NTFS usb, but will not work anymore. irishman still recognizes it but i would like to get the games in the webman folder, because then my girlfriend is ably to figure out how to open games and play without calling my to explaine 😂

All i need to know is if what i am asking is possible, but i guess i'll try it and see 🤦‍♂️

Have you tested the HDD on a windows machine with something like chkdsk or (I forget what the name is when you right click the drive in explorer) and safely removed the drive? I know with Linux it can be finicky when it comes to NTFS partitions.

Wondermike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Well in that case, no. FAT32 can't handle more than 4GB due to design limitations. It's not like say the 32GB limit of the windows format utility which is an artificial restriction.

Your options are to either split stuff, use the internal HDD, try and fix NTFS support or maybe look at exfat.

Have you tested the HDD on a windows machine with something like chkdsk or (I forget what the name is when you right click the drive in explorer) and safely removed the drive? I know with Linux it can be finicky when it comes to NTFS partitions.
I have not tested it, as you probably have gathered from my question i am not very good with computers 😂 but it's the same usb that used to work that just stopped working.
Gonna try to see if exfat works, or look into how to fix NTFS support.

Otherwise the solution will be to have ps3 and the big ps2 games on the internal, and then the few ps3 games less than 4gb and ps2 games on the external fat32 drive. That could work fine i guess

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I have not tested it, as you probably have gathered from my question i am not very good with computers 😂 but it's the same usb that used to work that just stopped working.
Gonna try to see if exfat works, or look into how to fix NTFS support.

Otherwise the solution will be to have ps3 and the big ps2 games on the internal, and then the few ps3 games less than 4gb and ps2 games on the external fat32 drive. That could work fine i guess

Testing:
https://www.diskpart.com/windows-10/hard-drive-test-windows-10-4125.html

Removing:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...4e6c-4359-efca-fd44b9cec369#ID0EDD=Windows_11

Wondermike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Multiman supports playing games from a NTFS external hdd. You can also install prepNTFS and it should work also on Webman, or install the newest Webman, it has that prepNTFS preinstalled. https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/releases
I know, it also works with irishman, the problem is that i want it as simple as possible, if my girlfriend or daughter wants to play when i am not home i will get a call how to open up the game, so i want everything to be in the webmangames folder, because then they can handle it too 😉

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...