RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
NOW THIS IS WHAT GTA DS SHOULD HAVE BEEN!

Screens -
cop1.png
cop2.png
cop3.png
cop4.png
cop5.png
cop6.png
cop7.png

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Oh yeah.... saw it and I think it looks pretty awesome. At least I hope. The graphics are... decent I guess ? maybe its because of graphic overdose from KH, but the graphics don't look great

Edit: Looking at the screens now, its graphics do look quite good. Well its the gameplay that matters. And the game seems to be playing nicely
biggrin.gif

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
like I said before..ROckStar got it wrong when they didn't make GTA DS like this, would have been more of a hit

where could this go so it could appear on the homepage?..since I'm seeing other E3 trailers appearing there..this one is definitely worth on the homepage

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't jump around saying this is a GTA-killer yet. There were a LOT of crappy GTA knock offs on every other console (Driv3r, Roadkill, Streets of New York/LA, even the first Saint's Row). A lot of things you can't gleam from a trailer add to a sandbox game like this being fun, such as variations of missions, play controls of fighting/firearms, physics of the vehicles, side missions, etc.

I'm not a big fan of Chinatown Wars, though it was a fun throwback to GTA 2. But I'd wait and see how this game actually plays before proclaiming the king to be dead.

EliteKill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GTA CW is pure nostalgic awesomeness. On my crappy school PCs we always play LAN GTA2.

Anyways, this looks interesting.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only gripe with the game so far is the controls. Look at the touch screen while he's shooting. He has to tap it to shoot, which looks very unnatural.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it will be playable and probably worth running through completely, but I ain't expecting greatness. Looks like they're using the BiA DS engine, and let's face it, Ubisoft gets the job done on DS -- nothing more.

I still think Rockstar made the right choice, though, with their approach. They were able to offer a complete GTA experience on DS because of how things stream in. You can already see what appears to be a much more barren city in COP, and again, though I think it will likely be a decent romp, it likely won't hold a thin birthday candle to Chinatown Wars. Glad they went with a behind-the-back view, as it will be cool to have a game like that to play on DS, but I wouldn't get my hopes up, folks.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like its the same quality as a ps1 game and it seems to look quite playable to.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one shows Rockstar screwed up, but then again they're complacent living off the same game with a new coat of paint hoping the fanboys won't notice as the series is tired as hell. This one did the 3D, seems to have a good story to back it up, and more like GTA3 style type play going on too perspective and all. I'm going to keep an eye on this. Perhaps cop wise it's more like True Crime Streets of LA/NY?

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now this is what GTA CW should have looked like. If it was like this is would be WAY more sucsessful.

Sucsessfull-er Proof #1 Im not buying that stupid bird eye view piece of junk they call GTA DS. im getting this due to it looking like a real GTA styled game.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Charmandersrule said:
Now this is what GTA CW should have looked like. If it was like this is would be WAY more sucsessful.

Sucsessfull-er Proof #1 Im not buying that stupid bird eye view piece of junk they call GTA DS. im getting this due to it looking like a real GTA styled game.

That "piece of junk" was what the earlier GTAs all look like. And many games can't do the sandbox style like others said, so how are you so sure it will be better than the GTA gameplay?

And GTA is always produced by rockstar, GTA by Ubisoft.... doesn't sound as promising.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since