C Drive is low on memory error

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by rockstar99, Mar 24, 2010.

Mar 24, 2010
  1. rockstar99
    OP

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Im extracting a 4.3 gb iso to my E drive but it always stops in the middle and says the drive doesnt have enough space but it actually has 43gb free after that I get the error that C drive is low on space, I mean why the fuck does it care if C drive is full or not when im extracting the god damn file to E??

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    The temporary folder used to extract the ISO is stored on the C drive. You might be able to tell the program to use the E drive as a temporary folder, but you're better off clearing up some stuff on the C drive. Windows runs better with at least 10GB free space on the drive anyway.

3. rockstar99
    OP

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Wait how do I specify the folder to E?

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    In 7zip tools pulldown menu-> options -> plugins tab - options button -> folders tab.

I only have an older version of winrar on this machine but options pulldown -> settings -> paths tab (you could just use control and S)

Either way once you are there the rest should be obvious.

Also have a dig around in the temp folder as not paying attention to them can mean a lot of data appears in them.

5. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

United States
    One good thing about ASUS computers is that the HDD is split into two different partition.

Not like DELL and it's crappy "recovery partition"

My laptop came with 116 GB partition for C and the rest for my files (it's a 500 GB)

You should arrange your data so that most of your unimportant files to the OS goes to the E: