Bypassing online checks with secondary console?

kloverklams

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hacked switch, my family doesn't. Most of our games were bought on my moms account, with our accounts under hers for online play and all. I also bought games under hers because I never thought I'd have my own console. Is there a way I can bypass checks to see if it is secondary?
I don't want to download any of the games illegitimately as they've already been purchased, let alone have it potentially get my switch banned. I heard of sigpatches/ES patches and whatnot, but I don't think they work on legitimate copies, as far as I'm aware.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As far as I'm aware, the way games work on the Switch, you have the game data stored encrypted using a per-game encryption key (we call this the title key), this key is stored in the ticket for that game, and the console uses this to decrypt the game in real-time and allow it to run. No title key, no game.

For eshop games, the system additionally keeps track of per-account game licenses, separately from the ticket. No license, no game.

For secondary consoles however, the system only downloads the game data. No ticket, no license. Instead it asks to connect to the internet when you start the game, so it can temporarily retrieve the license (and likely title key as well) to allow the game to be played.

You could try with signature patches if you want, there is no harm in trying. I doubt it will work though, because signature patches only purpose is to allow running titles with unsigned ticket and/or unsigned nca, neither of which are the case with legitimate games. I'm afraid your only real option would be to resort to piracy. If you care about online play though, you'll want to keep those games in an always-offline emummc, while you do online play on sysmmc. You can always connect online to verify on a clean console and continue playing those games online that way.

Reactions: PriMieon

kloverklams

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware, the way games work on the Switch, you have the game data stored encrypted using a per-game encryption key (we call this the title key), this key is stored in the ticket for that game, and the console uses this to decrypt the game in real-time and allow it to run. No title key, no game.

For eshop games, the system additionally keeps track of per-account game licenses, separately from the ticket. No license, no game.

For secondary consoles however, the system only downloads the game data. No ticket, no license. Instead it asks to connect to the internet when you start the game, so it can temporarily retrieve the license (and likely title key as well) to allow the game to be played.

You could try with signature patches if you want, there is no harm in trying. I doubt it will work though, because signature patches only purpose is to allow running titles with unsigned ticket and/or unsigned nca, neither of which are the case with legitimate games. I'm afraid your only real option would be to resort to piracy. If you care about online play though, you'll want to keep those games in an always-offline emummc, while you do online play on sysmmc. You can always connect online to verify on a clean console and continue playing those games online that way.
Thank you for your help! I suppose I'll just have to switch between secondary/primary if I want to play online with these games, they've certainly got an interesting way of storing them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.