Gaming Buying PSP does model matter for backups?

Filter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am planning to buy a PSP and I wanted to play backups on it.

1) Does the model PSP matter when buying it. Does newer models make it more difficult and older easier?

2) What software/hardware do I need for new/old models?

3) How can I tell what model it is if im buying from a online site like amazon, I read in some reviews the model number are not correct on the site with what they gotten.

4) Is there a tutorial showing how to do this?

Thanks for your time.
yaypsp.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
1) Yes the model matters. Try to score an older PSP-2000 (slim) or a Phat one, the newer slims and PSP-3000 (brite) cannot be hacked.

2) Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick

3) You can't.

4) Use the search function, we have a billion topics on how to do it! Or just visit www.psp-hacks.com

Filter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
1) Yes the model matters. Try to score an older PSP-2000 (slim) or a Phat one, the newer slims and PSP-3000 (brite) cannot be hacked.

2) Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick

3) You can't.

4) Use the search function, we have a billion topics on how to do it! Or just visit www.psp-hacks.com

Thanks for your help,

Where can I get Pandora Batter and Magic Memory stick? Do I need them both or just one? Are there different models for different PSPs?
I'm guessing after you do this you install some type of custom firmware?

Would this one work http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UA0LX...me=&seller=

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Filter said:
Where can I get Pandora Batter and Magic Memory stick? Do I need them both or just one? Are there different models for different PSPs?
I'm guessing after you do this you install some type of custom firmware?

Deal Extreme
smile.gif

and yes you install custom firmware using the Pandora battery and a memorystick pro duo (Magic memory stick) you add the software to the memory stick and flash it to the PSP using the Pandora tool to put the PSP into SERVICE MODE
smile.gif

suggest read the sticky threads in the top of the PSP section
smile.gif

re different models there are Fat Pandora tool batteries and Slim versions its usually best to get one to suit the style of PSP you get
smile.gif

the custom firmware works on both but as above ALL FAT PSP's CAN be modded with custom firmware models later than the PSP 2000 slim are hit and miss which can or cannot be modded
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.