Buying Private Headers?!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Eddie McArdle, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Eddie McArdle
    OP

Eddie McArdle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    So I'm new to this site and just having received my SKY3DS+ recently, had a quick request. So I know how to inject a private header into a 3DS Rom AFTER getting it from the cartridge, but don't have the tools/knowledge to actually get the private header.

I'm not sure if this is allowed on this site (apologies and close the thread if it's not), but would anyone be willing to sell me three of their private headers (One for each of the cartridge manufacturers: AE, C2 and 45), and I'd be sending the cash through paypal.

Obviously I'd like it to be someone that has been a long time member of this site with a good/trustworthy reputation, in that case I'd be more than happy to pay first. Anyone able to help me out?

ps. please don't say 'Just do it yourself', I wouldn't create this thread if I was gonna'.

2. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    how about using Sky3DS+ with the European Cubic Ninja rom to downgrade to 9.2 then follow @Plailect's OTP guide.
    using private headers, especially if you are buying them is not a guaranteed thing and sellers may sell the headers to a few people besides you. this practice is quite common with headers.

Using a CFW and installing CIAs is a way better approach.

3. ric.

ric. Drivin' to meme country

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Can't sell or buy copyrighted material such as ROMs or headers in the Temp, you might have better luck on that iso site.

nxwing likes this.
  4. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    Just do it yourself....kek. Just kidding, So you have a sky3ds+, how about use the sky3ds to downgrade and use CFW? That way you don't have to bother buying/getting private headers. Just my opinion.

Edit: haha ninja'd:ninja:

5. spoonm

spoonm Can count to 3.

May 20, 2015
    Brazil
    There are forums for trading, purchasing and selling stuff, here. It is open for people with 100+ posts, though, AFAICR.

That said, depending on what firmware you are right now and whether you want to risk it, you could perform a downgrade, set up CFW and use CIA's so you don't have to rely on header files.

CheatFreak47 likes this.
  6. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    if you did want a header you could use 1 for all types of cards, that would not be a problem.
    but yes, currently you can fully hack your 3ds so i recommend that

7. Eddie McArdle
    OP

Eddie McArdle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    Would I be missing out on anything by having a downgraded version on my 3DS? And how come there's no need to worry when I'm on CFW?

8. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    if you get your OTP, downgrading is only temporary as A9LH will allow CFW on 10.7.

9. Akira

Apr 28, 2013
    The only thing worth noting is .CIA(3ds games) installation is slower compare to sky3ds+ which is just drag and drop(and click) aside from that, CFW is way much more better than sky3ds+. When you're on CFW, from what I heard, games installed as .CIA dont use headers, they use your console serial instead when playing online. So no ban.

10. uribemaster

uribemaster GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2010
    United States
    It is because cia files dont require private headers.

11. Eddie McArdle
    OP

Eddie McArdle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    Thanks for all the reply's, it seems the best thing is for CFW and install .cia files instead (not bothered that it's a little longer to install). Thing is I don't even have a clue where to start haha. Any links to a good tutorial that could take me through step by step of what I'd need to do?

12. Akira

Apr 28, 2013
    If you can follow instructions to the letter, and you don't bother getting a little bit technical, use this:
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

I used that guide for 9 o3ds and 1 n3ds and all went fine.

Quantumcat and Xenon Hacks like this.
  13. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki Do not deviate at all

14. Eddie McArdle
    OP

Eddie McArdle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    Guess that websites the way to go! Haha so say I get the custom firmware installed, what then? Do I need to perform any system updates on the 3DS or...?

And finally, do I still use my sky3ds+ card to store the .cia roms on?

Thanks for all the help I'll get looking at that pretty soon!

15. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    You wont need the Sky3DS at all it's a glorified Cubic Ninja cart at that point

16. Akira

Apr 28, 2013
    all the details are actually there, but in a nutshell, once your finished doing that guide, you'll get CFW on sysnand which can be updated to the latest firmware(10.7 currently). For your sky3ds+, you can still use it, but probably only by putting cubic ninja or oot in it lol.

17. yardie

yardie GBAtemp Regular

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    When I first bought my 3ds, I ordered a sky3ds at the same time. The next day I decided to use cubic ninja and go the cfw route. Now I have arm9loaderhax installed and I'm glad I went this route.

You will be too.

18. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You could still use the Sky3DS to quickly try games you're not sure if you'll really like, to save waiting for it to install only to delete it soon after trying it.

19. Akira

Apr 28, 2013
    Make it 10 o3ds and 1 n3ds, I just finished 1 o3ds right now :yay3ds:

Ann0ying and Quantumcat like this.