Buying laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Keeley, Jun 29, 2010.

1. BlackDave

BlackDave GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    That's basically what I got except my screen is 14" and the hdd is 5400rpm for $800

It's an Asus NV81 I think [​IMG]

I got on Newegg and it works great with movies and especially games (I threw every game I wanted to play on max and it works great, even Crysis)

2. I2aven's_Sag

I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Northern Virginia
    also there's no guarantee of the price since there are 4 days left on the auction. To be honest, I think it's best to avoid ebay as far as major purchases go, especially considering the lack of detail. If you're really invested in making this ebay purchase, then I suggest you look through the sellers ratings and contact one of the other buyers who purchased a similar Asus laptop and contact them for additional feedback before making the decision.

3. phenoM

phenoM Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2010
    United States
    Agree with Sage, never buy hardware components on ebay ^^
    Too many fakes on it [​IMG]

4. Keeley
    OP

Keeley GBAtemp Fan

Nov 15, 2008
    Canada
    Saskachewan
    Hey guys,

Just an update, I decided to buy the ASUS-G73JH-A2. I got it for $1090(new) on ebay but I never got it yet, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks to everyone that helped!

5. Lodis

Lodis GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2007
    United States

That laptop is completely overkill for movie watching but it will play most current PC games maxed out at a decent fps. For movie watching, you could get a capable laptop for $300

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted