Gaming Buying laptop

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keeley said:
So my dad decided to buy a laptop for watching movies because our old computer would start freezing and the movies were laggy and bad looking ( They aren't supposed to be). He really wanted this one:

Toshiba Satellite P500-ST68X2

But this seem kinda expensive, here are features that he said it must have!

18.4" screen
Core i7
Some sort of wireless
HDMI output

Could you guys post some cheaper laptops which at least these features? Though I think its hard to get any cheaper than this...

Thanks anyways!

P.S. I know that this laptop is probably overkill, but i will use it for programming and gamming!

That's basically what I got except my screen is 14" and the hdd is 5400rpm for $800

It's an Asus NV81 I think
unsure.gif

I got on Newegg and it works great with movies and especially games (I threw every game I wanted to play on max and it works great, even Crysis)

D

Deleted User

Maz7006 said:
Because it's an Asus.

Also doesn't mention what GPU it has in it, looks fishy.

it's 1000$ were taking about here, make sure your sure what you want before you buy
wink.gif

also there's no guarantee of the price since there are 4 days left on the auction. To be honest, I think it's best to avoid ebay as far as major purchases go, especially considering the lack of detail. If you're really invested in making this ebay purchase, then I suggest you look through the sellers ratings and contact one of the other buyers who purchased a similar Asus laptop and contact them for additional feedback before making the decision.

Keeley

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

Just an update, I decided to buy the ASUS-G73JH-A2. I got it for $1090(new) on ebay but I never got it yet, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks to everyone that helped!

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keeley said:
Hey guys,

Just an update, I decided to buy the ASUS-G73JH-A2. I got it for $1090(new) on ebay but I never got it yet, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks to everyone that helped!

That laptop is completely overkill for movie watching but it will play most current PC games maxed out at a decent fps. For movie watching, you could get a capable laptop for $300

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol