Gaming Buying Digital

So Solid Jedi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys & girls, haven't bought digital in a while, could you peeps answer a few questions, i was going to buy some digital wiiu games off the eshop but I wanna know before I buy whether the games will be added to a purchased list for future download if I ever need to change my hardware or when the eshop on the switch makes the wiiu titles available? Is this the case?

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haha. That's naive (sorry). eShop downloads are for sure restricted to a console and not to a account. You have to buy it for every console new. You have ideas...

Yes, that's the sad truth.
But Nintendo said they change that with the Switch. Don't know if they made it, but it means you have to buy everything 'a last time' on Switch to bind it to your account.
You can download your bought games as often as you want, but only on the console you bought them (and use them with every account on said console).

Last edited by VitaType,

So Solid Jedi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, it's disappointing, hopefully things will now start to change with the Nintendo Switch, unfortunately no back compact titles have been announced so far but I'm hoping titles will start to be added I wanna go all digital this gen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters