Hacking Buying an R4 at RealHotStuff a good choice?

RheairdFlyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would buying an R4 at realhotstuff.com be a good choice? Although dealextreme would be the best deal, I heard it takes 3-4 weeks to recieve it, while I hear realhotstuff takes a couple days. I don't mind paying the extra money, but I would like to know if their deal for the R4 and the 1GB Kingston comes with the Japanese Kingston, and if it's a reliable site. I also plan on purchasing a 3in1 there, so I would like to know if it's a good place to order from. Thanks

K

kaoken

Hey I recently bought one from them a few days ago. I should be receiving it soon, so I'll tell you when it arrives.

saticoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if having it in your hands three to four weeks sooner is worth the extra $20 (and it was in my case), then I think they're probably the best choice.

Yes, their R4DS + Kingston 1GB microSD combo does come with Japanese Kingston, it's noted under "What's included:" on
this page.

I've ordered from them twice and it's gone perfectly both times, so they've earned my recommendation anyway.

K

kaoken

Okay, I just received, it, perfect condition, fast just 3-4 days. And everything there as promised. Just tested it, and it works great. Highly recommended.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I highly recommend RHS. I ordered my R4 second batch from them a few months ago and it got here in 3 days. Ordered a EZV 3in 1 and it also arrived in 3 days.

biz387

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Although dealextreme would be the best deal, I heard it takes 3-4 weeks to recieve it.

Have made 2 orders for r4's from deal extreme first order took 19 days over easter for delivery sold it locally for a fat profit to work mate second was ordered 28.04 and arrived yesterday.. 7 days... both free delivery option.. I like my money in my pocket.. already have sc one so is just a spare so to speak so time was irrelevant but delivery does vary.. made another order for some random stuff 29.04 and its not even despatched yet.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll just chime in on RHS, I got mine in about 2-3 days, and if your R4 breaks, they will take it back and send you a new one. I sent mine back for less than $2 and they paid the return shipping. Unless dealextreme is located in the US too, I doubt you can get an exchange for less than $2, the exchange was pretty quick too.

p5100pc3

Trophies
Website
none
XP
Country
United States
I've ordered from them plenty of times, not only is their service quick, their customer service is awesome. They work with you and are very nice about everything. RHS comes highly recommended with me. I hope things stay this way!

xbman

Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered my R4 + 1GB Kingston (it is the Japanese version) a few weeks ago from them. The order arrived 2 days later (cross country) - they shipped it the same day it was ordered and ship via priority mail.

Also, it was the black R4 as well. I would highly recommend them. Their price might be higher then dealextreme, but their service and fast shipping is well worth the extra cash.

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've ordered from RHS several times and everything went perfectly. Last thing I got was an M3 Perfect Lite that I ordered on a wednesday at like 5:00 in the afternoon, and it was hear by friday.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered both my Supercard & R4 from them, I too would highly recommend them.

Same here. In both cases, I received my order in less than a week. I haven't had any problems with either card. Yet another good reference for RHS.
smile.gif

I got my mini/microSD cards from NewEgg.com......

AFKboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got my R4 today from Gameyeaaaah. If I found out about the extreme deal at Dealextreme some earlier, I would have bought it there instead.

Edit: Its a black one btw.

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have also order 2 times for RHS and got my order really quick(3 to 4 day). They have respond to every email that I sent them regarding a defective ds one and got a replacement from them.

I'm a happy customer and will order from them in the near future.
laugh.gif

mrbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've ordered from realhotstuff about 20 or so M3 Simplys and about 15 or so supercards, etc. So yes excellent service and if they're out of stock they're out of stock which is good. I've also ordered over 60 M3 Simplys from divineo china and it only takes about 5 days or so to receive it in the states. So if you can order more than 10 (sell to a few friends like I do) and can wait a week and have a VISA (my amex and mastercard didn't work) then try from China.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1