Hacking Buying an exploitable O3DS - tips?

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
In regards to an exploitable 3DS system. I would avoid anything like ebay/craigslist. You can get it far cheaper brand new and sealed. In the UK these 3DS systems are now only £70 and guaranteed to have less than 9.2. (The one i recently purchased had 2.1 )

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you would have to go to an actual GameStop. I have 5 in my town all of them had some of the persona Q 3ds, the closest one had about 4 left and 2 of them had the Retro 3DS all still "new in box" so you may have to do some shopping around or call the stores nearest to you and confirm their stock.
now im gonna add some shit "watch your toes lol"

you dont need a new (condition) o3ds
if you go into gamestop request a used 3ds and ask to see it before you buy it they will let you test the console and if they ask why tell them you want "to insure the buttons and touchscreen function properly" at this time you open settings and look yourself then . . .profit(?)

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to butt in but I just killed my 3ds xl by spilling cleaning liquid on it (I know, I'm an idiot!). It was 4.5 and I have gateway - does anyone know off hand what firmeware this bundle comes with as i can get it for a decent price new. Also, it it is 6.1 do I have to muck about with upgrading it to a different firmware or could I do it with the web exploit from out the box? Any advice appreciated!
Nintendo 3DS XL Blue Console + Pokémon X Bundle

Last edited by RitchieRitchie, , Reason: I've just realised it's a preinstalled game - does that effect anything if I want to downgrade the console to 4.5? cheers,

palantine

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The limited edition run models are your best bet because they only made one manufacturing run on whatever firmware, so as long as you make sure that that edition and serial corresponds to an exploitable firmware you're golden. Theres a thread on this forum that catalogues models/serials to firmwares.

I recommend the Majoras Mask LE model personally. IIRC almost all serial ranges of the MM LE are on exploitable firmwares.

-palantine

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'll probably hunt for a Persona Q XL, since I myself also want to upgrade from a normal O3DS to an XL (not to mention it's on 9.9fw), if I buy an unsealed one, they're guaranteed to be exploitable correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy