esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I need a new mouse bad. My old MX510 (I think) broke after almost 5 years of use... and was a damn good mouse. My friend loaned me his G5 mouse in the meanwhile, which has also been heavily worn down and the pads on the bottom are kind of screwed up. It works fine for now, but I will need a new mouse eventually.

Anyways, Amazon is having some pretty good deals and a sale on their Logitech G series mice, so I am trying to decide between a Logitech G9 and a Logitech G500. They are both only $5 apart, which is not that big of a deal to me.

Things to consider:

-I have pretty small hands. Actually, really small. The size of the mouse doesn't really bother me though, I'm not sure if the smaller size of the G9 would be beneficial to me
-I do like the color changing LED aspect of the G9
-The DPI isn't that big of an issue. I do play games on my computer, but not FPS
-The 2 extra buttons on the G500 is nice but not a necessity

Has anyone used both or have a preference?

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here:
cordless-mouse.jpg

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I like the G9 I have so far but I heard of some problems with it regarding the grip layer peeling away, though it might have been solved with the G9x, which is like 38~ USD more for just higher DPI and the possibility they fixed the grip. I personally have had a problem with the hyper scroll "sticking" occasionally so I can't move to the top of the page as fast as I want.

As for the G500... I don't have any experience with it so sorry.

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
First of all, most true gamers don't use cordless mice. There's a lag sometimes, batteries, it can be less accurate, and interference from other devices. I've always preferred corded mice because of the lighter feel, and because I don't like running out of batteries and I don't even notice the cord.

And second... I ended up buying the G9 anyways. I doubt I'll be using the grip anyways, and I chose this based on lots of mindless reading, because I have smaller hands, and I do want the LED function to match my desktop setup. And I know if it screws up, I can call Logitech and hope they send me a brand new G9x instead.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
esoterica said:
First of all, most true gamers don't use cordless mice. There's a lag sometimes, batteries, it can be less accurate, and interference from other devices.

BULLSHIT!

never had 1 pob with mine there is NO lag, there is NO interference and the bats i haven't charged this in a month!

MYTH BUSTED!

--- end of line ---

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...