Hardware Buying a kinda broken switch for $50 help.

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some kid is selling me his switch,both joycons,dock,hdmi,power supply, pokeball plus,and pro controller all for $50 he thinks its broken and he did have it hacked without auto RCM and says it stopped coming on after he injected the payload and played it for a bit he thinks it is burned up or he may have deleted a file off the system memory (witch I don't think is the case) but he showed me on video chat that if you plug it in the power icon comes up in the left corner of the screen showing red so I think the battery is dead, i'm going to buy it anyway because just the stuff its coming with alone is worth more then $50 anyway, So you think this switch is working fine or you think i should sell it for parts on ebay?

Last edited by leerpsp,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some kid is selling me his switch,both joycons,dock,hdmi,power supply, pokeball plus,and pro controller all for $50 he thinks its broken and he did have it hacked without auto RCM and says it stopped coming on after he injected the payload and played it for a bit he thinks it is burned up or he may have deleted a file off the system memory (witch I don't think is the case) but he showed me on video chat that if you plug it in the power icon comes up in the left corner of the screen showing red so I think the battery is dead, i'm going to buy it anyway because just the stuff its coming with alone is worth more then $50 anyway, So you think this switch is working fine or you think i should sell it for parts on ebay?

It could be hard to fix it without technical expertise especially if it is fixable at all. here's a few videos from a who who's bought switches just to fix. I tmight help identifying issues

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be hard to fix it without technical expertise especially if it is fixable at all. here's a few videos from a who who's bought switches just to fix. I tmight help identifying issues

Thank you, i'll watch them. I think its a good sign if its showing a battery icon when the charger is plugged in. I know how to solder and also re-ball chips and all that so If i need to replace any component on the switch I can without a problem I'll only sell it on ebay if nothing like that will fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: