Hardware Burning Wii Games?

M0nk3h

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all and i wanted to know what discs are best when burning wii games?

I've already been using DVD -Rs, so i know how to do all the burning crap. But recently I bought some DVD +Rs, will they work?

Cheers,
M0nk3h

Yukito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'd say they should work because all modchips say they support all types of DVD, but DVD+R/RW do not seem to work for me and a friend of mine, so I stick with DVD-R.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
QUOTE said:
Q: What type of DVD should I use?

A: Pressed DVD-ROM video discs of course work. For recordables, DVD-R media is recommended. However, DVDX has been confirmed working with various DVD media, including DVD+R/RW and DVD-R/RW discs. Particular brands (lower quality discs) may be problematic, and different Wii drives have different levels of compatibility. Please note that DVD+R/RW discs will need to have their BookType set to DVD-ROM to work properly in Normal mode (if you have no modchip). PatchMii mode does not have this requirement, but requires a modchip.

Copyed from http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/DVDX

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used both R-Data DVD-Rs (cheap ones) and some more expensive Sony DVD-Rs and I have made about 40 backups with only one coaster (my own fault, bumped the drive while burning) and my Wii plays them all fine. Also depending on your softmod/modchip and the game if you use DVD+Rs you may need to change the booktype to DVDROM when burning.

jozsua_cruz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you mean like only dvd r-works.. like with the minus sign?? and i dont know if im suree about this, i read on the internet about burning wii games.. and i found twilight hack.. does this program lets you play backup games or can it also let you play full wii games.. please also tell me some information on how to do this.. and i dont wanna use a modchip.. thank you!! =)

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive tried more than 120 with all different types of disc. + or - they both work. I will say that if you are having problems with the wii running them, but image burn or nero saying they verified them fine, you might want to reinstall windows. I installed a program (nothing to do with my burning software) and all of a sudden none would work and nothing showed any errors. There are many different setups and some work better than others. If yours dont work, it possible is not the disc you are using. Nero works just as well as imageburn...but is more of a pain to use and requires a computer with more memory ( you need atleast 2 gigs for best performance). And for the post above.....jozsua cruz.....how are you going to have so many post but not know what the twighlight hack is.....lol. Sounds like a mod chip might be your best bet. BUT Theres plenty of pages of info on the wii, start reading, its a lot....then when you have trouble, come back and ask specific questions. They have very good tutorials step by step here. good luck

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
afnuke said:
I will say that if you are having problems with the wii running them, but image burn or nero saying they verified them fine, you might want to reinstall windows.

Isn't that just a tad extreme?
Just because Nero & Imgburn verifies the disc as being ok, thats no guarantee the Wii will read them. Nero & Imgburn don't have a Wii Compatibilty setting.

I used DVD+r and they didn't work, but DVD-r does work.

If you burn a DVD+r disc and it doesn't work, try a DVD-r and it should be fine.
Someone once told me that early Wii's let you use both but newer one's only DVD-r. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: bleh