Burning Ps2 ISO problems

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by slayerdx, Nov 11, 2011.

Nov 11, 2011

Burning Ps2 ISO problems by slayerdx at 4:46 AM (1,051 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. slayerdx
    OP

Member slayerdx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I'm having problems getting some burnt ISO's to work. I've burned both my own copy and downloaded copies, but for some reason I can't get Persona 3FES or Persona 4 to work on my ps2 fat, ESR beta 9a.

I just patch the ISO, and burn it onto a DVD-R at 4x speed. What am I doing wrong?

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If you go to the ps2 browser and then insert the disc, does it identify as a video DVD? If not, the disc is not patched, it's a bad burn, or your laser is bad. On the older fats, you may need to change the booktype of DVD+Rs to DVD-R, i'm not sure. But if you are using DVD+R, it can't harm to do it. Changing the booktype is called bitsetting.

Also, only use high quality media, or you are torturing your ps2's laser to death. 4x burn speed should be ok, trying a higher one(not slower!) might also help.

3. slayerdx
    OP

Member slayerdx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think I'm using pretty high quality. I'm using Verbatim and memorex, are they good quality?

k you were right wiipower! i just checked, and I guess the patcher program I downloaded was on the fritz. Weird because i thought i downloaded the same patcher as before. Thanks for the information

4. bialy_gibson

Member bialy_gibson GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    TIP: I recommend using DVD-R. DVD+R can cause fmv stutter in some games (DMC, RE4).