Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm trying to burn PS1 games for my modded PS2. I used Imgburn to burn an .img file but there was a .ccd and .sub file in the game I have and I just ignored them and went on to burn the .img file on it. When I was done, I tried to pop it in my PS2 but it wouldn't read it. Am I suppose to do something with my .ccd and .sub files? What burning speed should I put for PS1 games, because I set mine to AUTO? What are the general settings for PS1 games to burn them?

DukeDizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Hola Mate. Those files you got are for use with a programm called "CloneCD". I guess it's from slySoft & this is usual ColoneCd-Image file.
Open the image with CloneCd (it's the 2nd icon , pen writing the image to disc) & select the .ccd (I think, but there is only one possibility, you will see) and burn it as usual. Btw, I'm not into this too much (as I mainly play my old PSX either on the orig. PSX or via the ePSX Emu & a PS2-Pad-To-USB-Connector) but if a burnt game won't work this may be due to the PS2,too (means it could work via Emu or PSX). Surely we're talking bout backups of your original copies that you possess... Enjoy!

P.S.: Dunno bout burning speed...jus' don't set it to MAX. ...

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To burn PS1 games, they should already be in ISO format. Get the program Magic ISO Maker or Active ISO Burner and burn the image to the CD at 1X or 2X to avoid errors that burning ISOs at a high speed causes.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
use Alcohol 120% to burn clone CD type images, Alcohol 120% has a setting for ps1 games.

beat me too it ... remember that whatever burn software you use to NOT REPAIR the SUB CHANNEL DATA as this is where LYBCRYPT protection lives repair the subchannel data and the game will fail
frown.gif

.ccd is a CLONE CD FILE you can use CLONE CD to burn it or like jalaneme states use Alcohol 120%
smile.gif

edit

QUOTE(Skyline969 @ Feb 2 2009, 11:16 PM) With Alcohol 120%, don't you have to pay for it?

you have to 'buy' CLONE CD too to make it a full RETAIL version!

there's also IMGBURN freeware tool this can burn .ccd files too but not sure about it handling the DO NOT REPAIR SUBCHANNEL DATA issue!?

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DukeDizko said:
Hola Mate. Those files you got are for use with a programm called "CloneCD". I guess it's from slySoft & this is usual ColoneCd-Image file.
Open the image with CloneCd (it's the 2nd icon , pen writing the image to disc) & select the .ccd (I think, but there is only one possibility, you will see) and burn it as usual. Btw, I'm not into this too much (as I mainly play my old PSX either on the orig. PSX or via the ePSX Emu & a PS2-Pad-To-USB-Connector) but if a burnt game won't work this may be due to the PS2,too (means it could work via Emu or PSX). Surely we're talking bout backups of your original copies that you possess... Enjoy!

So, don't select the .img but select the .ccd? How will it detect the .img file to burn? Do I have to keep the three files in a folder or something?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
DukeDizko said:

So, don't select the .img but select the .ccd? How will it detect the .img file to burn? Do I have to keep the three files in a folder or something?

the .ccd is like a .cue file for an audio cd it tells the burn program what to do with the .img file ... although you can just burn the image file its usually best to burn it using the .ccd file as above alcohol 120% can use the .ccd file and so can other programs such as IMGBURN and of course the program that created it CLONE CD
smile.gif

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Link5084 said:
DukeDizko said:

the .ccd is like a .cue file for an audio cd it tells the burn program what to do with the .img file ... although you can just burn the image file its usually best to burn it using the .ccd file as above alcohol 120% can use the .ccd file and so can other programs such as IMGBURN and of course the program that created it CLONE CD
smile.gif

With IMGBurn I burned the .img file and didn't work. Okay, so to make it clear, with IMGBurn just burn the .ccd file at 2x and have all three of those files in the same folder? Is that correct?

EDIT: Okay, I'm burning it with CloneCD and it's telling me five types to burn it as like Audio, Data, Game CD. Does it really matter which one I choose?

EDIT 2: I burned a CD with choosing "Game CD" at 2x with the .ccd file and it still doesnt work. Okay, one last shot, am I support to choose "Data CD"?

EDIT 3: Ugh.....tried Data CD and wouldn't work. Why isn't CloneCD burning it right? I burned the .ccd file with the .img and .sub in the same folder! There must be something wrong. Can anyone help me?

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the bump, but I think I'm going to use Nero for this. What do I do in Nero to burn PS1 games with those three filetypes?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just start a new cd iso file from the nero start menu (nero burning rom)

then when the file explorer comes up go to the top menu
recorder > burn image
select image file
set the setting (speed/ect...)
and burn

nero will only be able to burn 4 different formats
.nrg
.cue
.iso
.img

this is with 7.5 ultra so they might have added more support in 9.0+

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BURNING psx/ps1 games with clone cd and reading instructions are as follows

QUOTE said:
General settings for CloneCD (PSX games) are as follows

Read: max
Fast error skip: on
Read subchannel audio: checked
Read subchannel data: checked

Write: max
Always close last session
Don't repair Subchannel data: checked
Buffer underrun: checked (if applicable)

you may need to track down an old version of clone cd something like clone cd 3 or similar
smile.gif

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, CloneCD version 3 is very hard to find these days. Can anyone find a version of that that will work on Vista? I really need this.

jozsua_cruz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!! I just wanna ask on how to download PS1 games and play it on PS1?? My pS1 is modded and I used alcohol 120% and put in playstation on datatype and it didnt work... It said that "please insert a playstation format disc" can someone please help me?? I know it's not 2001 but my cousin really wants me to do it.... please help!! thnk you!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night