Burning/Playing Dreamcast Backups

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having difficulty burning and playing Dreamcast backups. I'm using Disc Juggler and I'm burning games with CD-R discs. My console has a manufacturing date of March 2000, which means I should be able to play them just fine. But when I burn a game it doesn't boot up like it's suppose to.

I changed the Mode to Mode2, the TOC -> CD-DA/CD-XA, enabled the RAW write and Overburn options. I'm also burning at about 2-8x, which was recommended. But I can't get the game to boot up even though it is a self-boot game. I can't even get the Utopia disc to run. Can I get some help here?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whatever instructions you found must be ancient, just burn the file with imgburn.
and with instructions that old are you sure the game you downloaded is autoboot?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jefffisher said:
whatever instructions you found must be ancient, just burn the file with imgburn.
and with instructions that old are you sure the game you downloaded is autoboot?
I read burning with imgburn may give me some problems. But I'll give it a try.

Edit: Forgot, that's not going to work. The games are in .cdi format, not .iso format.

QUOTE(Rydian @ May 30 2011, 12:23 AM) When discjuggler offers to fix the filesystem, do NOT let it.

I don't, but it either doesn't burn or the game doesn't boot up at all.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use Mode 1, CD-ROM/DVD, RAW write, and Overburn CD. Works for me nearly every time.
EDIT: I just burned a game with those settings and it works fine.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fudge said:
What format is the game? (cdi, mdf/mds) Have you tried using Alcohol 120%? If all else fails, try using this method: http://dreamlover.tecbox.com/#6.1. That method is used for post-late 2000 DCs, but it might be worth a shot.
I found out for some reason that my images were not burning onto the CD-R at all. I put them into my PC and they come up as blank discs, a majority of them came up that way, with only 2-3 of them having something on them but they are read as Audio CDs.

I then went to use Alcohol 120% like suggested. I burned Sonic Adventure onto the CD-R and it works fine now. So I guess that DiscJuggler doesn't work with my drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night