FriskyWhisky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone

I've been searching the answer for this, but couldn't find and answer.

I was originally on stock 4.1 and have updated only once. Now using SX OS, my current firmware is on 5.1 that I updated officially using OFW from the Nintendo servers that I later backed up my NAND for.
Now I've obviously burnt some fuses in doing so. Which I've heard can stuff up you Nintendo Switch If you decide to change the firmware(wasn't too sure If that is just downgrading)

So my question is, with the fuses that I burnt, will it stop me from updating to a newer firmware through ChoiDujourNX(is there a newer way?, I don't know)
Or downgrading back to 5.1? Or am I stuck to upgrading officially through the Nintendo servers now?

I'm not too concerned about downgrading tbough, only if the update doesn't work and I need to.

Also is it possible to update via game carts?

I guess I'm a little scared that I will get banned and won't be able to update through Nintendo servers anymore.

Thanks

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All burning fuses means is that you can't downgrade to a firmware with a different fuse count and then boot without going through RCM and injecting a payload, it doesn't stop you upgrading.

As long as you can run homebrew then you can upgrade with ChoiDujourNX.

The fuses don't even get burned as part of the upgrade, they get burned when you boot the firmware normally and it notices the right number aren't burned.

Last edited by smf,

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
It won't stop you from updating to newer firmware using ChoidujourNX, you just can't downgrade below 5.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!