Hacking Burning Brawl

WiiWiiWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried to burn Super Smash Bros. Brawl on a Philips DVD+R DL disc with ImgBurn at 2.4x (I changed the layerbreak and booktype as appropriate), but it halted at 91%. I got the following error:

Does anyone know what's the cause of this, and how I can fix it? Thanks in anticipation.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
I had this error when my burner was....well....broken.
dry.gif

Also...I see you're burning scrubbed version?
If so...why you are burning it into DL disc?

If it's scrubbed burn on normal disc. If it's not scrubbed...
1) Try another disc (this disc can be shitty)
2) Try another burner
3) Check with other thing: try to burn something on normal disc. If this error will come out your burner is broken or you have bad settings. Of it will burn, and it'll burn good, check if your burner has DL support.
4) If you have broken burner: buy new
frown.gif

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I sometimes get that error.

Its pretty much an indication of bad discs. I use realy shitty ones I got for £5 for 100 DVD-r I say about 1 out of 20 fails like this. Reboot your PC, just run imgburn & try another disc. Also burn it at 4x, that usually helps for me.,

Edit: My bad, forgot Brawl had to go on a Dual layer. Try again with a Verbtim DL DVD-r & burn at 2.4x in latest version of imgburn

mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
I had this error when my burner was....well....broken.
dry.gif

Also...I see you're burning scrubbed version?
If so...why you are burning it into DL disc?

If it's scrubbed burn on normal disc. If it's not scrubbed...
1) Try another disc (this disc can be shitty)
2) Try another burner
3) Check with other thing: try to burn something on normal disc. If this error will come out your burner is broken or you have bad settings. Of it will burn, and it'll burn good, check if your burner has DL support.
4) If you have broken burner: buy new
frown.gif
Scrubbing an iso is just to make it takes less place on HDD when COMPRESSED !
Once it is UN-COMPRESSED (UN-ZIPed or UN-RARed or UN-7Ziped or whatever...), it still takes 4GO (or 8GO for DL size games like SSBB).
What you meant here should be : If it's the 4Go version, burn on normal disc. If it's the 8Go version...

EDIT: typo

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
burning brawl

you should set it on fire dude

pyromaniac

cool.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

okay okay i know i got to be stupid somewhere else

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Umm...well I'm from Poland (don't look on flag! no!) and...you know.
rolleyes.gif
Thanks for the lesson
grog.gif

Ps. I have scrubbed version on DVD-R Single Layer (Yes 4 something GB), and it works fine on PAL console - there's somewhere topic how to do a working version with Subspace Emisarry. But I'm toom lazy to find it
rolleyes.gif

WiiWiiWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried to burn it on a normal Platinum DVD-R disc, and my Wii recognized Brawl, but when I tried to play the game it just changed to a black screen. All other Wii games I have tried (burned with the same burner) work just fine. I have a PAL Wii with a region-free Wasabi modchip.

cardyology said:
Its pretty much an indication of bad discs. I use realy shitty ones I got for £5 for 100 DVD-r I say about 1 out of 20 fails like this. Reboot your PC, just run imgburn & try another disc. Also burn it at 4x, that usually helps for me.,

Edit: My bad, forgot Brawl had to go on a Dual layer. Try again with a Verbtim DL DVD-r & burn at 2.4x in latest version of imgburn
I read on the internet that I needed a DVD+R DL, set the booktype to DVD-ROM and the layer break to 2084960, so I did just that. Are you sure that I need a DL DVD-R? And does the brand really matter? I thought Philips was fairly reliable. And they were expensive enough, €4,- a piece.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(skawo96 @ May 23 2008, 01:33 PM) Check with other thing: try to burn something on normal disc. If this error will ome out your burner is broken or you have bad settings. Of it will burn, and it'll burn good, check if your burner has DL support.
Other games work fine on normal DVD-R discs. And where can I see whether my burner supports DL? The only thing I know about it is that it's an ATAPI DH18A1P.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
HEY! You done everything right! Now change to 50Hz mode in Wii options!
It'll boot. If you want to get 60Hz, go to options in Brawl and turn the DEFFLICKER OFF!
Now change to 60Hz mode. Go to Brawl, wait about 30seconds (press A or Start here) and you have your Brawl. If you don't want to wait just have 50Hz mode.
gbasp.gif

Ps. You must have minimal of 3.1E update ( I think)

WiiWiiWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great! Brawl does load now, although there are some green lines at the edges of my screen. Didn't know it would be that easy
tongue.gif
. The only problem is that it asks "Create a new save file for Super Smash Bros. Brawl?" (with Yes and No buttons), and that I can't click either, because it doesn't recognize my Wii pointer for some reason. Pressing "Home" on my Wiimote works, it's just that the pointer doesn't show up, and pressing A doesn't help either. I do have the right firmware, by the way.

EDIT: What an idiot I was. Turns out that I had to press + instead of A. I'm SO happy now
biggrin.gif
, it works flawlessly. Thank you all! Too bad I wasted 20 euros on DL DVDs (they were only sold in packs of five), but I guess that doesn't really matter
smile.gif

WiiWiiWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hm, when I play Subspace Emissary, every stage is preceded by the same cutscene, that shows Mario and Kirby in an arena while Peach and Zelda watch. After the cutscene, I get to select my character, and it shows a picture of Mario and Kirby, even when there are other characters to choose from (their names are shown). Is this normal?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it's normal. But anyway...do you really care? Then just wait to PAL release.
These lines are normal too. It's because of 50Hz is rather bad resolution.
wink.gif

Now just:

BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL!
yaynds.gif

And no problem. I had problems with DL disc too (Wii don't reconized them). It's nice to help folks.
grog.gif

WiiWiiWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nah, it doesn't matter that much, I'm really happy that I can play Brawl a month before it's released here
biggrin.gif
thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse