Burning a DL DVD

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Kiekoes, Aug 30, 2011.

Aug 30, 2011

Burning a DL DVD by Kiekoes at 8:30 PM (974 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Kiekoes
    OP

Member Kiekoes Lord of the Seven Kingdoms

Netherlands
    Hi GBATemp,

I have a question: How can I burn DL DVD's? I need it to play Xenoblade on my Wii. Can someone explain it to me?

Kiekoes.

2. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    Usually I just load up imgburn which can be downloaded for free, open the ISO and burn it at the speed that the media can handle or maximum of the burner. My burner only writes at 2.4x so I use that.

You'd save a lot of DL and such if you softmod and load your games from hard drive through cfgusbloader though. A disc never makes it into my Wii's drive any more. I got sick of all the bad burns and slow read speed of games as well as games needing exponential amounts of cracks due to being run from the optical drive. You don't have to worry about any of this nonsense if you play your games from USB hard drive.

3. Guy.brush

Newcomer Guy.brush Member

As amptor said, use ImgBurn, but don´t forget to set the layer break:

In ImgBurn under Tools->Settings->Write-> in the upper right under Layer Break choose "user specified" and enter 2084960

And yeah, get yourself a HDD. It´s so much more convenient. My Wii has 1TB [​IMG]

4. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Burning a DL DVD is no different from burning a normal DVD, except the layerbreak option Guy.brush mentioned.

But yea, HDD ftw [​IMG]. Who can be arsed to get up and switch disc whenever you want to play something else? lol [​IMG]

5. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    oh yea if you are burning something special like an xbox360 or ps2 backup you have to make sure to set the appropriate layerbreak otherwise the game won't work. for pc and movies I think this part probably doesn't matter.

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If I didn't do the layer break thing what will happen? I started playing already and it worked fine so far.

7. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    It will probably fail to continue reading once you reach the part where it switches layer. Im not sure tbh, I havnt used discs in like 5 years lol (at all).