Question Burned fuses.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Espen84, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Espen84
    OP

Espen84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2018
    Norway
    I would like to go back to my 5.1 firmware. And I have a nand backup. The problem I updated to firmware 6, using ChoiDujourNX and auto rcm enabled. But it seems buggy after update. And it freezes when idle. So I need to hold power off fore 12 seconds before and turn on again. And I lose all my work in megaman. Cuz I don't save manually efter each level. Annoying. So I would like to restore my nand. But how do I know what fuses are burned. I don't want to brick my console either....

2. mattytrog

mattytrog Not on my watch.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If you have always had autoRCM enabled, your fuses are safe. You may have problems with your saves though.

Downgrade and start afresh.

3. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    Follow up on the comment right above:

But you might want to double check if you indeed have the correct amount of burnt fuse using hekate's menu.

4. Espen84
    OP

Espen84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2018
    Norway
    Halo, now I checked my fuse log. From hekate's. Burnt fuses 6. And a list of number I don't understand. Do this mean I can't restore my nand with 5.1 firmware. Like to be sure I don't F it up...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Tries To upload picture. But seems I can't do it. At least I can't make it work

Last edited by Espen84, Oct 4, 2018
  5. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    You're good. 6 burnt fuse means you can downgrade to v5.0-5.1

6. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    6 fuses means you should be fine with 5.X

7. Espen84
    OP

Espen84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2018
    Norway
    Thanks =) you guys are the best I needed to be sure. I don't want to brick my switch. That I am banned so hard that I can't update games or firmware don't bother me that much. But a bricked switch would

8. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    Word of advise, at least have 2 backups just in case one is bonked before doing something like downgrading.

9. Espen84
    OP

Espen84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2018
    Norway
    Hmmm, seems I could not get my nand backup to work. Got error code. But I was able to downgrade to 5.1 with ChoiDujourNX. And the freeze issue seems to be gone. Don't know if this issue was PGA firmware 6.0. But I know it look good now. And I made a backup of nand using sxos 2.0. (made a dobble backup) thx fore the help