Burn in HECK!

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by coffeecake, Dec 11, 2008.

Dec 11, 2008

Burn in HECK! by coffeecake at 2:07 AM (1,830 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. coffeecake
    OP

Newcomer coffeecake Member

United States
    whoever told me to buy from dealwoot.com i hope u burn in a fire. has to be fake. came in the fake box, included a reader, slot is on the left side. fake stamped all over it... [​IMG]

i dont even have to open the card its so fake...

2. cupajoe

Member cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    I'm glad I didn't tell you to buy from there, because I wouldn't want to burn in heck.

3. VISHI SO FISHI

Member VISHI SO FISHI Cricket My love!

India
    Who cares if its fake u only paid like 10 bucks for it , calm down and fakes work good anyway..

4. coffeecake
    OP

United States
    actually 22. i didnt care for the higher price, as long as it was real...and it wasn't. well...i hoped it wouldnt come down to this...but what cant i do since its a fake card?

5. Myke

Member Myke so tasty!

United States
    does it work?

6. VISHI SO FISHI

Member VISHI SO FISHI Cricket My love!

India
    I think they do the same thing , but some might effect ur ds .

7. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    How do you know it's fake? The slot being on one side or the other doesn't mean it's fake. They've made real carts with the slots on the right and real carts with slots on the left, as you can see on this page: http://www.ndstt.com/en/anti_fake.html

The best way to tell if it's a fake is to open it up. The newer ones should open up fairly easily (they're not glued shut).

If you can't get it open, I believe you can also tell if it's fake by looking at the microSD slot carefully. If the metal holder is scalloped on the edged and flat in the middle, it's fake. If it's curved, it's real. See this post for an image of what I'm talking about: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1584543

-Bri

8. coffeecake
    OP

United States
    well ill be damned...it is curved. i can barely tell without opening it...but theres no doubt that its curved. well im confused now. so it comes in a fake box but ok chip?!

9. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Maybe you just got an old DSTT in the old packaging. Fake boxes look like the old packaging, I believe.

10. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    There have been many official and many fake versions of the DSTT.

All used to have the SD slot on the left, all used to come in the cardboard box.

I've got a couple of the old real cards and a couple of the old 'gold dot' fakes. They all work fine with OS 1.15.

The only real way to tell if its legit is to open it.
    The old fakes had a gold dot you could see looking into the microSD slot, the new fakes are better and it seems looking at the shape of the metal card slot inside is the only way to check without opening (as Bri said).

Honestly just run OS 1.15, if it works it works.

11. Bri

United States
    Is it one of the ones with the divot in the case near the microSD slot, or is it one of the older ones where the case goes straight across?

You should be able to open the ones with the divot fairly easily since they aren't glued shut. If you open it up you can tell for sure if it's real or fake. Some of the older (real) DSTT's came in a cardboard box, so you can't really tell from the box.

-Bri

12. Skyfallkavu

Newcomer Skyfallkavu Advanced Member

United States
    I got my DSTT from dealwoot today. I got it in the cardboard box, with the blue reader. They also had a fantastic sale for 4GB MicroSD cards.

Mines completely real, it has the curved SD plate. The older ones are only different from the newer ones because the new ones no longer come with the SD card reader.

Im pretty sure the SD plate on the new DSTT was moved to the right because of a way to establish a "second generation" set of cards in order to escape from it looking like a fake.

13. coffeecake
    OP

United States
    whats the difference from 1.15 than the current (i think its 1.6 or somethin)

14. Bri

United States
    Other than possibly the addition of fake-killer code in 1.16, the only change is that one Japanese game was fixed in 1.16. Absolutely no reason to update from 1.15 unless you simply must play that game.

-Bri

15. juntok_abot

Member juntok_abot GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    fake or not should not be a big problem, as long as it runs well and good compability
    anyhow, not sure also whether the original have a good compability or support
    who knows..

16. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Sorry, but I can't help but laugh.

Just be glad you didn't buy that shite about that Homebrew Channel and Backup Loader for like $50.

xD.