Homebrew Built in Emulators?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not sure if anyone brought this up before and I might get a million people calling me a n00b for this, but I bought an M3 Perfect Lite, for one main reason, it said on countless websites and even the box itself that it comes with built in emulators, one of them including a snes emulator as well as playing DS games with little to no slow. So I was all over that, even though I own an M3 DS Real, but everyone know the snes emulators for the DS aren't what one would high quality, in fact they kinda suck when you really look at them, most games don't work and the few that do have a list of problems. So to make a long story short, I bought it, the GBA part works great, but I could never get it to play DS games, or even homebrews for that matter, Now I didn't buy the Passcard for the main reason that the same number of sites, one including this one said the M3 has a built in PassMe. But I only brought that up because it annoys me sometimes, what I really want to know is, how do I make it play snes games? I really want to see how this one works. Can someone please help me here?

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well I tried that, quite a few times, I even tried converting the snes games to gba games, both either didn't start up, froze at the start, or messed up my card. But again it says that there is built in emulation for it. But I have never gotten it to work, hell I have never even gotten it to see the snes files
hate2.gif

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If anyone has any advice, or anything that could help, Iwould love it if you messaged me or something, I have been trying this for months now and would love to find away around this.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, lots of confusion here. The M3 Lite doesn't actually have any built-in emulators at all. What it does is make use of some already-existing emulators for the GBA when you load certain types of games with the Game Manager software. These include emulators for GB, NES, SMS, and PCE, by using Goomba, PocketNES, SMS Advance, and PCE Advance. There's nothing there for SNES. Really, when you load a .gb file (for example) in the Game Manager software, all it does is take the emulator core, attach the game file to the end of it, and put the resulting *.gba file on your card. You could do the same thing yourself by using the Goomba Frontend if you wanted, and it would be easier to use an updated version of the emulator that way anyway.

Again, none of the "built-in" emulators for the M3 Lite are specific to the device. They're just homebrew emulators that the M3 makes slightly more available to the end-user.

Jakob, PocketSNES is ancient. The name changed to SNES Advance long ago. Even then, there's no possible way that any of the SNES emulators for the GBA are going to be any better than the SNES emulators for the DS. I'm a big fan of SNES Advance and Snezziboy, but I recognize that they are rather limited and that the ones for the DS are better, even if they still are far from perfect.

To the original poster, to get DS stuff to work from the M3 Lite, you'll need to use your M3 Real as a PassMe to boot the M3 Lite in DS mode, from which point you can load *.nds files. For SNES emulation, you've got the same options that everyone else has, which is mostly SNEmulDS, followed by SnezziDS (which MUST be run from your M3 Lite in DS mode and not from the M3 Real), then finally SNES DS.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks you for clearing that up for me. I kinda figured that, but really I think they should make that a lot clearer on the back of the box, because it makes it sound like they are literally built right now. Well that solves my months of confusion. Thank you DanTheManMS ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)