Keeley

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I think I need a new computer and I think I'm going to build it this time so far this is all I got..

1. Motherboard - Dunno yet either "ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution" or maybe "GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard"
2. CPU - Core i7
3. RAM - I'll decide after I decide my mobo
4. Hard Drive/CD-DVD Drive - Same as RAM
4. Video Card - Haven't made up my mind between nvidia and ATI
5. Monitor - Haven't made up my mind..
6. Case - Don't know which one's good...
7. Keyboard/Mouse - Don't matter at the moment
8. Power Supply - Depends on everything...

As you can see I barely got anything yet.. I'm trying to keep it under 1000 but it doesn't matter if it goes over ( too much over that is... ) I want a good mobo but something not to expensive...

Oh yeah I'm gonna use it for gaming and programming stuff
smileipb2.png
, any help would be appreciated thanks!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd go for the Asus one. The ASUS P6T is also another good board. The ASUS P6T WS REVOLUTION has a few extra bells and whistles, the question is do you need them? Such as 2 pci-e x16 slots, two network adaptors and so on. If you're just going to be using one gpu, then I think the Asus P6T will be fine. It also has just one network adaptor, instead of two.

The Intel Core i7-920 is a popular choice for a cpu.

Ram should be simple enough. Just make sure you get three sticks for triple channel if you're getting an i7 and get a decent brand.

Hard drive. I'd recommend a WD or Samsung SATA drive.

Video Card. Probably the new ATI/AMD DX11 card. Unless you are waiting for Nvidia's newer card. Prices would probably drop due to competition also.

Just make sure you buy the PSU separately from the case. Check some reviews on the psu before you buy it. It's a very important component that is often overlooked.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking to budget forget the i7 9xx and get the i7 8xx or the i5s. Seriously, even for programming, the 9xx is overkill unless you want to spend that much money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: