Bubble Bobble Plus for WiiWare

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ZaMaster, Apr 13, 2009.

Apr 13, 2009

Bubble Bobble Plus for WiiWare by ZaMaster at 2:03 AM (1,421 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. ZaMaster
    OP

Newcomer ZaMaster Member

Netherlands
    BB Plus should have been released on WiiWare on the 10th of April. Does anyone have a verdict on this game yet? I really loved the NES edition in the old days. I've seen some vids with 4player action!

2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    It seems like a pretty good game according to this review

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I can't really see how yoou can really mess with the formula as long as you dont add on any stupid gimmicks or anything.

4. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Any true fan of the original arcade machine is going to be disappointed with this, the reviewer from wiiware.nintendolife.com really doesn't know what he is talking about when he says that the game play is completely unaltered and plays exactly the same as the original did, because that simply isnt true, I've only played the first ten levels and I found so many things wrong with it, the monsters movements are totally wrong, the way that the power ups appear are wrong, plus the music it awful.

If you want to see for yourselves just bad of a conversion it actually is, on level one just carry on jumping until you are on the top platform and just have a look how the monsters behave, then compare it to the original, there's just simply no excuse for it.

5. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i know they don't even try to jump back up and get you what is this shit?! and it has fucking DLC why would you waste $ on this shit!

6. ZaMaster
    OP

Newcomer ZaMaster Member

Netherlands
    Hmmm... that's a shame. I had hoped this game could at least rival the old version [​IMG]. You're still able to fall from the screen and reappear at the top? Is the music a remix of the old version or is it totally different?

7. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    They've messed up pretty much every iteration apart from the original arcade game, even the home ports on the NES etc played in totally different manners

8. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I'm downloading it now, hopefully it's worth it.

9. demitrius

Member demitrius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there a region-free version of this? I try to install it and I get some ERROR RET = -1 on it. I can install Bit Trip Beat just fine (US version).