Hacking Browserhax (sliderhax) on 4.2.0 - Need help

ikarius031

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this has been posted many times already that sliderhax don't work, but all I could find (search here and google) are people with version 7 or more... I tried everything...

- Delete data
- Delete cookies/history
- Reinstalling the files on my SD card

But nothing seems to work, I tried about 50 times already (and yes I'm clicking at the rightmost part of the slider). Maybe I'm out of the loop and maybe I don't need a browserhax to install the homebrew launcher, because I've been using rxTools with browser exploit access but now rxTools launch site doesn't work, so I want to resort in using CFW. Is there anything I'm doing wrong ?

ikarius031

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, ok. But now it's impossible to update, specially the latest firmware is 10.7... so basically I'm screwed...

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by CrispyYoshi,
Reactions: Arubaro

amicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cakes exploit for rxtools

t5pO6T0.gif

spider exploit for rxtools <2.6
NFdL9RS.png

Last edited by amicus,
Reactions: CrispyYoshi

ikarius031

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all those options, I'm checking if A Link Between Worlds comes with a 9.x update since I already bought that game (but I doubt it, I think it was 7.x back in that time). Otherwise, I didnt see there were a mirror for rxTools, if that is accessible (because I do have EmuNAND installed) I'll go for @CrispyYoshi solution which seems good. But what version should I update to ? Anything 9.x ?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for all those options, I'm checking if A Link Between Worlds comes with a 9.x update since I already bought that game (but I doubt it, I think it was 7.x back in that time). Otherwise, I didnt see there were a mirror for rxTools, if that is accessible (because I do have EmuNAND installed) I'll go for @CrispyYoshi solution which seems good. But what version should I update to ? Anything 9.x ?
Nope 9.2. max!! (9.3 patch the arm9 exploit). Indeed, follow the @CrispyYoshi solution.

Last edited by RealityNinja,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to get a copy of rxnightly or just use rxtools 2.5 (probably easier to find/setup) and then go to the website in the second QR code that amicus posted (if your rxtools build doesn't have an "rxtools.dat" on root but instead a "code.bin" in "SD:/rxtools/sys/code.bin", then use the first QR/URL).

By the way, make absolutely sure that you update with profi200's sysupdater (the original), and that you do it in Dev (aka Pasta) Mode. Otherwise, you may be risking a brick!

Reactions: amicus

ikarius031

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I know about pasta mode, that's what I'm trying to figure out at the moment. I'm using rxTools 2.6 so I had to use the second link.

EDIT: Found everything I needed for sysupdater and all, I noticed I'm on the wrong rxTools version as well, so I'll be fixing all of this. Thanks again guys, it was a great help to point me in the right direction !

Last edited by ikarius031,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1826767-REG/apple_mvv83ll_a_11_ipad_pro_wifi.html?sc_src=e...