browser hax, not online system

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Chips98, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Chips98
    OP

Chips98 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    ok so got me a new (old 3ds) 3ds xl. its on 9.8.0-12U. im having issues getting browser hax to work but seems that having the "game card dummy browser update" i cant have that. now im wondering if i can update just the browser without updating the system itself. and if not is there a possible (even though i read everywhere that its not possible) way to update the sys version to a specific version? any info on how i can downgrade to 9.2 from this FW is nice as well. be it hardware or not im always looking for something new :D

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    You can downgrade to 9.2 using SafeSysupdater, no need for a hardware mod but if you can get it I would suggest you to get it first, you need an entrypoint like browserhax, Menuhax, Ninjhax, OOThax and then use SafeSyuspdater to downgrafe.

3. Chips98
    OP

Chips98 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    well i dont have access to the ninjhax nor oothax as i dont have those games. im looking to get into the entry point with my current set up. browserhax isnt working for me since i havnt updated via online on this device. i know how to downgrade but i just need that access point :S

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You can't update just the browser. You need Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time to downgrade. For Ocarina of Time, you would also need a way to load the oothax save file.

5. Chips98
    OP

Chips98 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    so cubic ninja is my best if not only option to get to 9.2?

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You could also get a SKY3DS and load ninjhax that way.