Hardware Brown Clip Broken

Janisary

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally snapped off that brown clip while installing a Drive Key. Now it doesn't work, I still have the clip, I tried pushing the cable in and taping it with the clip but it still does work. I believe it's called a ZIF, someone please help! Dvd's can't play now but I can still open it. When I connect my cable into it spins for 5 seconds then stops, I put a DVD in it and it still doesn't work. If any pro-modders could fix this or tell me how let me know.

Note: This picture shows the clip, not the actually broken image!
brokenfy7.jpg

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It needs pressure to make a good connection with the pins on the bottom. That is what that clips purpose is.

Maybe try inserting a thin piece of cardboard or plastic on top of the ribbon to increase the pressure.
Just a theory. Have not tried it.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That clip is EXTREMELY delicate. I do not know where you can get a replacement. For others looking on modding or simply swapping out your drive, the clip opens like a door....be *very* gentle.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
That clip is EXTREMELY delicate. I do not know where you can get a replacement. For others looking on modding or simply swapping out your drive, the clip opens like a door....be *very* gentle.
yea ive broken one before, shits suuucks.
i had it taped for a while, i dont know how i got that to work.

but then i eventually found a drive it could switch it up with and send to ninty.

Janisary

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
zektor said:
yea ive broken one before, shits suuucks.
i had it taped for a while, i dont know how i got that to work.

but then i eventually found a drive it could switch it up with and send to ninty.

I know where I could get the Drive PCB but I'm not sure who would fix it :S

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Yeah I've tried a few different things to fix a broken clip (Hot glue, tape, toothpick, prayer, etc) and none of them work very good or for very long. You could always just buy another clip, I think they go for about 10 bucks.

-FTen

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just put some thick paper between the ribbon and the connector. Obviously not where the pins should connect! So make sure where are the pins, and put the paper in the opposite side.

I've repaired quite a bit of connectors, this way.

Janisary

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ften said:
Yeah I've tried a few different things to fix a broken clip (Hot glue, tape, toothpick, prayer, etc) and none of them work very good or for very long. You could always just buy another clip, I think they go for about 10 bucks.

-FTen

How and where do you get the clip thingy?
tongue.gif

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Janisary said:
ften said:

-FTen

tongue.gif

VGCRepairs

-FTen

Janisary

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ften said:
Janisary said:
ften said:

-FTen

tongue.gif

VGCRepairs

-FTen

Thanks, how would I replace that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la