Broken SysMods after FW 15.0.0 Update

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone mentioned people with chips having the issue. Might be a red herring but are you using either a Modchip or a Trinket?
My switch is unpatched. By the time sysmodules are loaded I suppose modchip has long done it's work but maybe it modify how the environment enough to make a difference. Kind of far fetch though.

What if there were no sigpatches. Does it still crash?

So are you saying for you HW mod + pure Atmosphere + sigpatches + sys-ftp-light => crash?

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is unpatched. By the time sysmodules are loaded I suppose modchip has long done it's work but maybe it modify how the environment enough to make a difference. Kind of far fetch though.

What if there were no sigpatches. Does it still crash?

So are you saying for you HW mod + pure Atmosphere + sigpatches + sys-ftp-light => crash?
So…good news is that I just removed everything but bare bones Atmo/Hekate and everything works (including sys-ftpd-light). Definitely something on my old card. Going to cross things over one at a time until it breaks in hopes there’s a common things the folks having this issue are doing.

Updating OP to clear sys-ftpd-light of any wrong doing!

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also there was a small Switch FW update on the switch... tho it seems safe to update, everything still working on 15.0.1.

Attachments

• PolyPop_YX7Kd38Za2.png
    PolyPop_YX7Kd38Za2.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All good. I tested everything called out here and it's still working. 15.0.X haters will have to go somewhere else and play.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick update, seems that SDsetup is no longer the thing to swing upon.
The cool kids have migrated to DeepSea.
Thanks to @Slluxx I can now crank out custom builds using whatever edge case/beta homebrew releases are out there and mix-n-match new environments in seconds. (Not for publishing…just internal testing)

Check it out:

218E60D9-ECF8-4751-B0A8-A818013D2B88.png

The zip files in red were all auto generated using the DeepSea framework with one command and literally took < 1minute to create. I’ll be able to put all my edge case custom settings under revision control. How cool is that?

Here‘s the current json for the official DeepSea packages.

https://github.com/Team-Neptune/DeepSea/blob/master/src/settings.json#L65

Next time we have a new FW I’ll be able to test much faster due to less fear of having to rebuild my SDCard.

Last edited by binkinator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse