Hacking Broken DSi

someone777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have gotten two broken ones in a row. This is either monumentally bad luck, a bad batch, or Nintendo just completely dropped the ball on quality control.

The first one I bought had a broken inside camera (it worked but everything had badly distorted colors). When I returned it, they gave me another new one but this one has a broken touch pad (the entire left side doesn't really work).

So, I was wondering if I was the only one getting one broken DSi after another.

By the way, when I go back to trade the second one in today, I will open the next one right there at the register and thoroughly test every feature before I leave the store. This is just ridiculous.
hate2.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
someone777 said:
I have gotten two broken ones in a row. This is either monumentally bad luck, a bad batch, or Nintendo just completely dropped the ball on quality control.

The first one I bought had a broken inside camera (it worked but everything had badly distorted colors). When I returned it, they gave me another new one but this one has a broken touch pad (the entire left side doesn't really work).

So, I was wondering if I was the only one getting one broken DSi after another.

By the way, when I go back to trade the second one in today, I will open the next one right there at the register and thoroughly test every feature before I leave the store. This is just ridiculous.
hate2.gif
Yeah, you should do that! I'm guessing you just had a bad luck..
From reading reports all around, people say that DSi feels sturdier then Lite, and that quality feels great, but that's only from the outside, I don't know how are the inner parts!

someone777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They do feel sturdy but I get the feeling that both problems come from improper assembly. Well, that's just a guess but I figure it's the most likely cause. In both cases, the DSi worked perfectly except for the one defect.

I'm not sure why the images from the camera were so distorted in the first one but I get the feeling the touch screen has something similar to a wrinkle in it or something. The left side works but it's completely off and no amount of calibrating it fixes it.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just buy a lite,
You can play homebrews on a DS lite, but with the DSi, they can block anything they want to. All for what? 2 crappy cameras?
you can get the same features from a $20 phone,
Step 1. But a DS lite
Step 2. Buy some flashcard
Step 3. Buy a phone
Step 4. ???
Step 5. PROFIT!

D

Deleted-172301

That sucks, maybe they are trying to make as many as possible very vast so they don't run out like they did with the wii. If they are producing them fast, there are going to be some bad DSi's out there.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Antoligy said:
Just buy a lite,
You can play homebrews on a DS lite, but with the DSi, they can block anything they want to. All for what? 2 crappy cameras?
you can get the same features from a $20 phone,
Step 1. But a DS lite
Step 2. Buy some flashcard
Step 3. Buy a phone
Step 4. ???
Step 5. PROFIT!
Maybe he doesn't use flashcart..maybe he prefers DSi, maybe he already has Lite, there is many things that can be the reason why he wants DSi over Lite, the fact is, he already bought DSi, and has a problem with it, and asked about it here, let's not make this thread into DSi vs. Lite thread, and just try and help him out!

It could be that it's just some bad batch, so the best thing you can do is, as already said, check it properly at the shop, and see if everything works!

someone777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Toni suggested, I already have a Lite.

I'm hoping that this is just a fluke of bad luck but this does serve as a reminder that these things can happen even with a company that is normally reliable.

Before the DSi, I had never bought a faulty Nintendo product and I have bought a lot of their products over the years. I think pretty much any regular Nintendo customer would feel a bit freaked out over two bad ones in a row. I was only mildly annoyed about the first one but now the shop is probably going to think I'm breaking them myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok