Hacking Broken DS contest.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, besides the dog-chewed ds... i think i win. my ds phat was stepped on so hard that both the hinge and the top screen broke. it still plays fine, i just cant see much on the top, and the sound will glitch if the hinge separates too much.

DSCN0892.jpg
DSCN0891.jpg

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
How about my old frankenDStein...

myds.gif

I almost forgot about this one, one of the pins in the cart slot had broke and at the time, you couldn't get replacements. So I created this external connector from an old Passme cart.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Damn, makes me sad that I got rid of my original DS, I punched the top screen off in a fit of rage at Mario Kart >.< Then sold it as parts (the bottom half still worked) when the top screen of my DSL cracked. To this day, I'm still unsure of how my DSL top screen broke. It was fine one minute, then about 30 seconds after closing the lid, getting off a bus and getting on another bus it broke. Both busses were relatively empty ._.

DsHacker14

Trophies
Website
www.arschacks.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow lol and i though my ds was bad.. my DSi just has minor scratch and barely loose top screen.. (i usually take care of stuff but my friend apparently didnt..)
My DS phat is in good condition except i took a knife and tried to take a sticker off of the top of it and it has scratches and touch screen is messd up in the top left corner.
I shouldnt post pics my ds's arent worthy.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
o.o ... How do you guys break your ds badly. My ds phat is pretty much in perfect condition. Well minus the minor scratches on top and eh 2 hr or less battery life. Yes I realize you said how but really what is the chances of doing that. Oh and spinal that is sweet.
tongue.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have a broken hinge is all. That's probably one of the most common breakable parts of a DSL. They should try fixing that.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
tinymonkeyt said:
I just have a broken hinge is all. That's probably one of the most common breakable parts of a DSL. They should try fixing that.
Yeah I have got one too like half a year ago... and I had the black DS Lite! Like yours. I'm thinking on getting a new one or a DSi... What about yours?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My old DS Phat would've been a nice entry, if I didn't change its shell entirely some months ago
frown.gif
It was in a PRETTY bad shape. Hinges broken and all
tongue.gif

Now it's like new
smileipb2.png
Good luck to everyone entering this
tongue.gif

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I have two DSes. The only DS problem I had so far was the blurring and flickering touch screen of the oldest handheld. It was used (bought second hand) so I didn't wonder why this begin to happen. I got a new one and it's working fine!

HaXXeR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got way more responses than I thought when I started the thread.

It seems the big problems are a broken hinge and ****ed up screens.

Just as a side note: Dropping your DS on the floor is bad.
tongue.gif

ShortyBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a cracked hinge before on my DS Lite. I got it at launch and last year a crack suddenly appeared near the power light. I called Nintendo and told them it must be a manufacturing problem since I hadn't dropped my DS. He said there had been other reports of the older DS Lites hinges breaking, so he said if I paid $30, they'd fix it. I figured it was way cheaper than buying another one, so I sent it in. At that point, the bottom screen was pretty worn, and didn't respond if you touched a certain area of the screen and the battery wasn't holding a charge for too long anymore. They sent me a brand new DS, so I was very happy.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm, I broke my hinge, stripped the battery cover screw, dropped my DS at least 10 times on pavement, broke my mic, spilled orange juice on it, spilled root beer on it on the same day, then used the blowing trick on my L/R buttons for so long, it caused my DS's top screen to break. The DS no longer turns on.

Beat that.

Raika said:
Shinryuji said:
I punched the top screen off in a fit of rage at Mario Kart >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)