Bricking wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Knetog, Jan 4, 2010.

Jan 4, 2010

Bricking wii by Knetog at 3:59 AM (925 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Knetog
    OP

Newcomer Knetog Member

Canada
    First of all, here's what i've done so far with my wii.

- HBC installed
    - Boot2 installed
    - NAND backup
    - Installed cIOS38 rev14 and removed ios249
    - Playing USB loader GX not as a channel

So my question is simple, can my wii eventually brick just by going to HBC, loading USB loader GX and playing my games?

Or it can only brick by doing bad installation of programs and updating your wii. ( Mines already 4.2 and works perfectly )

I don't intend installing preloader ( prilloader? ) until a new games that comes out ask me for an update.

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    You usually only run a risk of bricking when installing bad wads, updating, or uninstalling an IOS. The first is easily fixed by using Boot2 bootmii to boot to the Homebrew Channel and use Wad Manager or AnyTitleDeleter to remove the wad. Updating should be avoided. Uninstalling an IOS is rarely if ever necessary - NEVER uninstall the IOS your system menu uses. Even in worst case, you can roll back using Bootmii's NAND Backup/Restore functions.

Preloader/Priiloader are relatively safe to install and handy for their various fixes and hacks. They generally only brick if the IOS they depend on (IOS60 on 4.1 ad earlier, IOS70 for 4.2) is patched, in which case just reinstall Preloader and it should fix itself.

Long story short: running USB Loader GX is safe.

3. Knetog
    OP

Newcomer Knetog Member

Canada
    Alright , thank you [​IMG]