Bricked

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Harris590, May 28, 2009.

May 28, 2009

Bricked by Harris590 at 2:31 AM (2,767 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Harris590
    OP

Newcomer Harris590 Newbie

United States
    I recently tried to install a channel adn sure enough it bricked my wii. Can't get past the health screen. Is there anyway to unbrick it...I dont have preloader, starfall, bootmii, or savemii...I have a 3.2U FW with a wiikey...is there anyway to autoboot the wiikey disc to get to sd load so I can run wad manager? I was pointed to ask here at this forum, so hopefully someone can help... Thanks [​IMG]

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    wiikey should be able to auto boot a disc.

Find a disc with a 3.4 or 4.0 update on it and auto boot it

That should fix it i think.

someone correct me if im wrong

3. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    how does he make a autoboot disc iso to burn that will load wad manager? because all he needs to do is uninstall 1 wad to get back...he made an animated channel and tested it ...got an icon brick b4 he knew he needed preloader! thanks guys!

didnt twiizers make a boot disc iso you can add a dol to? for chipped wii's

so being harris has a wiikey could he replace a main dol with wadmanager 1.4 dol and then autoboot that disc with wiikey?...remove the bad wad...reboot and good to go!

4. MattMan

Newcomer MattMan Advanced Member

United States
  5. vettacossx

Ireland
    Universal Unbrick Disc v2
    http://rapidshare.com/files/219259042/UUDv2.rar

Universal Unbrick Disc is now on v2 and will work with Firmware 4.0. Additionally, you will not need a modchip, cIOS-CORE or Rescue Menu hacks to be installed.

It will also work with the Original Rescue Menu and you only need a modded Original GC Controller and the cIOS249 installed. Thats all.

I changed the game partition to run with IOS249 and its set to autoboot... so as long you have the cIOS249 installed and its a cIOS with cDIP module it will work.

Then I updated the ticket and tmd to be named as UUD but I had to change the game partition, the iSO itself and the crypted name of the game too to be fully displayed as "Universal Unbrick Disc"

And be sure you use an ORIGINAL GC Controller because we can't manage to boot into rescue menu with a 3rd-Party GC Controller.

How to Use:

- Extract and burn the image
    - Turn on Wii

6. Harris590
    OP

United States
    thats awesome! thanks everyone...I will give this a go tomorrow...gotta get some more dvds and borrow my sis's original GC controller... This makes my night [​IMG]

7. vettacossx

Ireland

theres a vid of me using the same wad harris did ...and the brick and recovery removing it...so if he can get the Wiikey to boot the universal unbricker disc he can remove the WAD or does he need to make a WADMANAGER.ISO and use IT to uninstall the wad? (more likely i would have imagined) THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!

Harris is a good guy and a great friend i hope someone can help him get this fixed [​IMG]

8. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    how does it boot for softmod users without having the dip module in the system menu's IOS?? i can understand not having a mod-chip and the rescue menu hacks, but without Cioscorp system menu's ios i dont see how it could work. please explain

9. vettacossx

Ireland
    its from ps3news and found in the guide the other user posted above [​IMG] i think your spot on blaster it requires both the Cios and Cdip mudule to run

10. MattMan

United States
    If he can't get the Universal Unbrick Disc to boot up then Pink Fish will work with a mod chip!

11. vettacossx

Ireland
    thanks and TY for that guide bro! he does have a wiikey and 3.2U....how does he autoboot...just put in the cd into a bricked wii...and it will load because he has a wiikey?

or did he have to have starfall or someway to boot into recovery mode?

thanks in advanced matt you have already been a god send of help [​IMG]

HARRIS READ ALL THE COMMENTS IN MATT"S GUIDE THIS IS AWESOME NEWS FOR YOU RIGHT HERE!

yet another solid method [​IMG]

12. MattMan

United States
    The modchip that I used did not come with autoboot set by default so I was a little worried that it wouldn't work. But I just poped the Pink Fish Disc in and it loaded right up. So yea, having his wiikey should be all he needs.

13. vettacossx

Ireland
    thats gr8 bro if i can ever help you out just give a shout you have been a big help man...A little experience from another user goes along way toward feeling better as well! appreciate your feedback i will try and help harris through this in the morning i think he went to bed for the night...but he will be back to this thread no doubt and likely be very thanksful for your advice and helpful post Kudos bro good look!

14. Harris590
    OP

United States
    Thanks everyone...gonna see what I can do after I get home from work...couple of hours...hopefully all goes well [​IMG] I think before I try the pink fish disc I'm gonna try an autoboot method...I'll let you guys know the outcome. Thanks again

15. markehmus

Member markehmus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
  16. pspmte

Member pspmte GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    look dont be stilly and update to 4.0 or 3.4 its more work

Auto boot wiimusic 3.3 in the recovery menu and write 3.3 system menu to the wii

Then use wad manager to install v290 menu 3.2 and ios30 1040

Sure you could try the pink fish disk (my good friend Fellaw has a great guide)but pls make .rkb back up before you format the wii

You will need a modchip and a game cube controller to unbrick this

Matte