Hacking BRICKED

rockbmi

OP
Trophies
XP
So i removed the patched iso60 wad from my system becasue i thought thats what was making my preloder msee, up and now it wont boot to the menu and it wont load preloader what do i do. I have a wiikey so im hard modded.

rockbmi

OP
Trophies
XP
I know but that stupid april fools joke, really has ripped my to shreads. Only got the wii today after my daughter spilt stuff over the other one.

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
No matter whats the problem, you still never remove an IOS, I dont know what you can do now. Maybe once April 1st has passed, PreLoader might work for you and you might be able to recover

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find a Wad Manger 1.3 ISO and burn it, then autoboot it with SaveMiiFrii.

SaveMiiFrii:
Using the Triwing screwdriver, take apart a GC controller. With the cover off, plug it into port 1 of the Wii. Turn on the Wii and hold all four directions of the control pad at the same time. It should autoboot the Wad Manager disc. Then reinstall that system menu.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so one of your first ideas was to remove the IOS that both preloader and the system menu were running off of?

do you often remove all your sysfiles to your computer and find that it solves problems?

swap it at the store, claiming defective.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
feidhlim1986 said:
danash said:
whats the stupid april fools joke?

Apparently, if you have PreLoader .29 (i think its .29) installed, it pranks you on April 1st with some PreLoader repairing message.

I'm going to laugh my ass off when I get home tomorrow and see all the posts about that and how many people unistalled IOS's to try and fix it.

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Summersett said:

SaveMiiFrii:
Using the Triwing screwdriver, take apart a GC controller. With the cover off, plug it into port 1 of the Wii. Turn on the Wii and hold all four directions of the control pad at the same time. It should autoboot the Wad Manager disc. Then reinstall that system menu.

LOL, I had never heard of SaveMiiFrii, so when I saw your post I thought you were taking the piss
rofl2.gif
Whats SaveMiiFrii used for?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the worst part is, the message doesn't tell YOU to DO anything.....it's not like it said, "go muck about with the sysfiles and try to fix this"

allow me to explain more in-depth.

you set up preloader to run off of IOS60 (because it was there, it does)
your menu runs off of IOS60

savemii uses the menu
savemiifree uses the menu
starfall, fyi, uses the menu
everything you have uses the menu, because the menu loads first

except on your wii, where it doesn't load at all.

you removed the only IOS that everything wants to try first when it boots, so, no booting.

preloader relies on 60, 60 is not there
menu relies on 60, 60 is not there
all the things that rely on the menu also rely on 60, which is not there.

return to store, seem extra confused.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
feidhlim1986 said:
Summersett said:

SaveMiiFrii:

LOL, I had never heard of SaveMiiFrii, so when I saw your post I thought you were taking the piss
rofl2.gif
savemiifrii is working the same way as savemii-dongle does. it brings you to the rescue menu. savemiifrii is simply a gc-controller and you have to press the d-pad in all directions at the same time. that's it.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
feidhlim1986 said:
Summersett said:

SaveMiiFrii:

rofl2.gif
savemiifrii is working the same way as savemii-dongle does. it brings you to the rescue menu. savemiifrii is simply a gc-controller and you have to press the d-pad in all directions at the same time. that's it.

Is Savemii even going to work without the system menu's IOS?

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
haha

No but seriously just return the wii as you said its new!

Not glad that its happened to you but its good to see for all us other noobs to take note from.

paul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning