Hacking Bricked WiiU?

Carlos_DobleC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I agree. I really want to know if this is user error or blatant CBHC corruption. I just truly hope the OP will be specific without fear of being ridiculed if it was indeed user error.

@Carlos_DobleC

I respect your posting. And I respect you as a user. Please don't take this as a dig. We all screw up.

We really need as much info as you can supply. Some of us are worried of potential non user induced bricks. I for one recommend CBHC as much as I can. It's been extremely reliable and solid for me. I want to eliminate as much user error as possible in your diagnosis.

It's important to the community that you be as honest as possible. Your answer could either help further bullet proofing CBHC or set us back with unessessary fear mongering (which is a daily battle on Gbatemp for people who understand CBHC). Your thread title alone could mislead many if it's an actual user error.

Guys, I'm sorry I took so long to respond, I had some personal problems, now I'll try to put everything I remember about the brick.

I remember installing Haxchi, then I did 2 tests, in which I mostly saw that the console version was set to 99.
After that, I rebooted the console and installed CBHC, and installed the DLC of: Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.

I also installed the following channels (all from http://wiiubru.com/appstore/channels/):

WUP Installer GX2 0005000057555000
Loadiine GX2 Forwarder 0005000013374C44
Homebrew Launcher No titleid.

When I installed Haxchi, I had the hard drive plugged in, but when I installed CBHC, I unplugged it.
The 3 channels I installed, were installed on the hard drive along with the DLC.

If you need anything else, ask me, while I pray for the day when the otp backup can recover the Wii U

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Carlos_DobleC

WiiKiing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

dexmaus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94

I installed CBHC after i launched Haxchi, should i be concerning about it? Maybe uninstall and install via browser exploit again?

I ran haxchi first because it runs the homebrew launcher, so i can install CBHC. forgot i could use the browser exploit at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94

I installed CBHC after i launched Haxchi, should i be concerning about it? Maybe uninstall and install via browser exploit again?

I ran haxchi first because it runs the homebrew launcher, so i can install CBHC. forgot i could use the browser exploit at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You did it right. No worries

mures

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. Where was the game used for CBHC installed to? (NAND or USB)
2. Did you have to run it with sighax?
3. Could you give a list of EVERYTHING you did to your Wii U before this happened?
4. Do you have a NAND backup? (Did you have redNAND installed or not?)
5. Could you return your Wii U to the store if you can't get a hardmod (I know this sounds cheap but, the store will send it to Nintendo for repairs before resale)

NOTE: Yes; your Wii U is bricked. This is why I don't mess with Haxchi or CBHC
Hi aim maurice i have also that problem eror code 160-0101 i was send me wii u to nintendo they cant repair wii u they users says me its says legal software has instaled they doenst not repair wii u wo have that erorr

Carlos_DobleC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi aim maurice i have also that problem eror code 160-0101 i was send me wii u to nintendo they cant repair wii u they users says me its says legal software has instaled they doenst not repair wii u wo have that erorr

Please use a translator because I had trouble understanding that post. First of all, have you installed Haxchi on your Wii U? Or something that is not official?

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please use a translator because I had trouble understanding that post. First of all, have you installed Haxchi on your Wii U? Or something that is not official?
It appears he botched a CBHC installation by not reading the fucking directions just as it seems 90% of this forum cannot do. (Myself included because I was the OP of the first "HELP I BRICKED MAH 3DS WITH B9S!!!!!!" post about 30 minutes after B9S was released)

Reactions: Deleted User

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be fair, a legit install can fail if a fake ticket is in the .tik file first or possibly at all. however, the game should fail installation. this is assuming the game was bought while on cfw so sig patches existed to allow installation but nothing beyond that if going by a coldboot. I think this may be the cause of a lot of cbhc bricks. always, check the game on normal firmware first.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more tolerant than most people as I understand mistakes can happen. I'm using cbhc myself which I love despite not needing it. I bought almost all my wii u games digitally aside from Nintendo Land which isn't on the eshop anymore. when I had money, I bought eshop games (have 76 games), but I've installed around 250-265 games total including what I bought. I bought the popular titles which stopped with paper mario. I wish I had gone retail though, 'cause I could really use the money, and I only play like 5-10 games in my collection. :-/ I love mario and dkc the most!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1