Hacking Bricked Wii

DC01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard clicking all 4 arrow buttons at the same time does the exact same thing. Should I try that first?

DC01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, I think that only works with Homebrew. I kinda got rid of it because the bootmii reacted to that sd card. Which means some of it is still in there.
EDIT: Savemii wouldn't work anyway until I fixed my disc drive, which I probably won't fix, instead use that USB Loader GX. In fact, is it possible to install USB Loader GX on maintenance mode?

Last edited by DC01,

DC01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I need to update. XFlak said Bootmii is still in there, and I'm not sure if updating will work. I would love to update because it might fix my Wii, but if the Wii detects software like Bootmii, it will make the console inoperable.
Edit: Disregard what I said up top. I realize I have the highest version possible and I also have the internet channel. Sorry!

Last edited by DC01,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
No, I need to update. XFlak said Bootmii is still in there, and I'm not sure if updating will work. I would love to update because it might fix my Wii, but if the Wii detects software like Bootmii, it will make the console inoperable.
Edit: Disregard what I said up top. I realize I have the highest version possible and I also have the internet channel. Sorry!
First of all I never said you definitely have bootmii installed. I said it's possible/likely.

Second, you say if the wii detects bootmii it will make the console inoperable? This couldn't be further from the truth. The only way an official wii update could lead to a brick is if it was originally a Korean wii and was region changed by an inferior guide (if ModMii was used even these consoles can survive an official Nintendo update - cuz modmii is awesome).

Further, just because you're on 4.3 doesn't mean you can't do an official update. If your other IOSs are outdated it will be detected and prompt you to update. A wii update may not solve your issue though, if for example you have a banner brick or something like that you will need to remove the channel with the problematic banner. Or if you have a theme brick you will need to restore a functional theme (which definitely won't be solved if you are already on 4.3 and do an official update). Since I don't think we know yet what caused you to brick its difficult to say the solution until we get you in a homebrew environment to check some things!

Last edited by XFlak,

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard clicking all 4 arrow buttons at the same time does the exact same thing. Should I try that first?
Do you mean a GameCube controller in port 4 with all 4 d-pad buttons pushed? That might work if you have the disk required for that.

DC01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I installed bootmii on an sd card before you said that. How do I get the IOS and Boot2 to get bootmii?
EDIT: I could just use that same exploit. Never mind!
EDIT 2: Should I download priiloader and then will it unbrick it? It still doesn't work.

Last edited by DC01,

DC01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if I can reach flashhax (because it either has an error when it boots it up or it crashes before) tomorrow. Also, probably this is something I should post in hardware, but, my Wii shuts off completely at random. It's a green light then it goes to no light. I press it, it doesn't work. Now, I just want to port stuff over to my other Wii or my Wii U.

Last edited by DC01,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if I can reach flashhax (because it either has an error when it boots it up or it crashes before) tomorrow. Also, probably this is something I should post in hardware, but, my Wii shuts off completely at random. It's a green light then it goes to no light. I press it, it doesn't work. Now, I just want to port stuff over to my other Wii or my Wii U.
OK, I think that Wii is dying. do the system transfer ASAP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since