Hacking Bricked Wii ?

bebetaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
This is my first post and I'm very, very new to the hack scene. Sorry this might be a long post but I will try to described the test I have followed as much as I could.

I bought a Jap Wii (equiped with a D2CPro) a few month back. I bought the Wii Fit for my partner for Xmas and bad surprise, it did not want to load (Shaun white snowborading which also uses the balance board did load). So after a month and a half of reading forums, learning a little bit of everything about the Wii, I decided to change the chip (at that stage I didn't know what chip was in the Wii) for a Wiikey 2.

The removal and replacement of the chip was no issue, open, desolder, solder, close... no biggy. Start the Wii, no problem, insert Wiikey setup, select update: NONE, save, insert Jap game... still good. Now some of my back up games, wouldn't run (while they use to with the D2CPro)... a bit anoying... but even more anoying the Wii Fit, still doesn't work!

So more reading and more problem, I updated the 3.1J to 3.4J by mistake while I was online (I have no idea what the japanese scrbbles on the screen mean!). So I then come accross AnyRegionChanger v1.1b. That's is, enough of Jap on the screen and not working game, for sure if I change everything in the Wii from Jap to Australia (PAL) the Wii fit will work. so first step, I downgrade from 3.4J to 3.2J which seemed to work. next I run AnyRegionChanger, and change all the parameter to PAL and Australia. download the new system menu and everything else.

Yeah system 3.2E all working, english everywhere and above all wii fit working (meaning here comes some brownie points with the miss
biggrin.gif
:D:D)

And then big mistake, I insert a back up of Big Brain Academy go to the disk channel, select start, and then straight away, a black screen. Now I can only turn the wii on by pressing the eject button. when pressing the ON button, nothing happen and I can only hear a slight tic tic tic coming from inside the wii. the ON button does however turn the wii OFF when held for 5 Sec.

I tried to insert a Savemii dongle, it shows up as 3.2(AUS) the insert a bootable ISO of AnyRegionChanger and all I get is:

identifying as SU...OK!
Initializing Filesystem driver....OK!
Init SYSCONF....OK!
Error getting settings ! 1, 3 , 2, 1, - 24578

and then nothing, the only thing I can do is turn the wii off.

Help please!
Sebastien.

D

Deleted User

I think it's a hardware failure.

Booting a game DOES NOT and WILL NOT produce that problem. Especially when you just launched that game and not having an update prompt.

bebetaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick reply.

I saw on the savemii website they mention something about the bluetooth module to be replaced if if the wii doesn't boot. does it sound like it could be the problem? and if it is how the hell did it fail?

Thanks,
Sebastien.

D

Deleted User

I don't know how it'd fail.

See if your remotes conenct (Which is supposed to since you got the Wii up and running by pressing Reset)

If those things connect, it's not your bluetooth module.

I think it has something to do with motherboard, but dont ask me, or others in this Wii Hacking Section. Go to the Wii Hardware place.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could be a hardware failure. But just to be sure: What Region is Big Brain Academy from and are you shure that you didn't install an update from the disc?

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the ab disc u used was it for the pal region for your wii...
if not use one for the correct region that is now on your wii...
also the modchip may have to be set to the new region...
-kitt050383

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bebetaz said:
I thought I could be the chip, do you have any idea how I can change the region of the wiikey 2?

I think you run the new region's config disc (i.e. the European one) from http://www.wiikey.cn/resources/.

Your problem is a weird one... it sounds like either something's not right hardware-wise or some sort of IOS problem. A problem with IOS could cause power button misbehaviour and problems running code..but what sort of problem? It's strange.

bebetaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last night I tried to run:
-an autoboot to HBC disk
-the Wiikey rescue disk
-the PAL Wiikey config disk
-the JAP Wiikey config disk

Then the same disks using Savemii

No luck!

I tried removing my Wiikey 2 in case it was still set to Jap and for some reason would do whatever

No luck!

Then as the savemii web site suggest (well partially at least) on their "branch D" I removed the bluetooth module (well they suggest to replace it, but before I buy a new one I'd like to know if it could really be the problem)
As you can imagine, the wii didn't boot, just a black screen.

However, with the bluetooth module disconnected I can actually turn the wii ON via the ON button (as it should)! reconnect the module and the ON button doesn't do anything anymore, I have to use the eject button. disconnect again, I can use the ON, reconnect I can't! I did this about 20 times to check if it wasn't just a luck, but everytime I had the same result!

I guess I am now in a quest for a bluetooth module... hoping that will solve my problem!.

bebetaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah I can see they have good prices... too bad I bought one of ebay this morning... although not much more the DX.

I guess now I have to wait, I'll let you know how I go.

In the mean time, any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
seb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1