Hacking bricked wii (need help)

hopelesshero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
so am a noob when it comes to the wii cfw sean
i recently brought a wii the seller said it has usb loader gx so i assumed it was cfw

console works great ,so does usb loader until i lost power when i was updating usb loader image data

console no longer boot with usb pluged (it boot when i unplug it)

usb loader doesnt detect the usb in both slot

i tried to boot with power boton +reset = i got a with screen it say preloader
wp_ss_20181123_0003.png wp_ss_20181123_0004.png wp_ss_20181123_0001.png wp_ss_20181123_0002.png

now console only play disk games
HELP

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your Wii is not bricked (do not get hopeless like your nickname says):
  • You have Priiloader → Good. Protection against certain kinds of soft-bricks.
  • Console plays disk games. → Good. Not bricked.
USB-sticks/flash drives are known to work poorly on the Wii. Reading often works, but writing may fail. Some flash drives seem to work good, others completely fail. Using an external HDD works better most of the time.

Did you plug the USB-stick into a computer yet? Is the filesystem still okay? My Wii once corrupted a filesystem beyond repair. I had to reformat the flash drive and restore the backup.

Reactions: hopelesshero

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
go into the USBLoaderGX settings > loader settings > Loader's IOS : change 249 to 58, save and reboot.

Also, like said, flashdrives are not recommended, they can just become "not recognized" without any reason.
it's better to use external HDD.

You said you lost power when updating an "image", do you talk about a picture ? a game cover?
or updating the version of USBLoaderGX ? if it crashed while updating, you can download latest revision (currently : 1268 mod4 in my signature), and replace the boot.dol in /apps/usbloader_gx/ folder. (do not worry about elf and patch file, you don't need them)
I don't see the revision number in your screenshot so I'm not sure it has been updated correctly, just update manually, then verify in the Settings > Credit page. It must display "3.0 r1268 IOS58 AHB"

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: hopelesshero

hopelesshero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
i manged to get usb loader gx to detect the usb
(i plugged 2usb in both ports)
now usb loader read the games from usb but if i leave it pluged in and restart the console i get no output from console

i am considring remooving the cfw and reinstalling it
will that help cz the console in manely for my young sibling dont want them to keep pluging /unpluging every time
i included hq version of the pics
wp_ss_20181123_0004.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P