Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi all

I think I bricked my wii
frown.gif

I have no idea how this happened because everything worked at the beginning and then little by little things started to fail. I checked a lot of topics and I did search, but I haven't found a problem like mine.

This is what I have:
firmware 4.0 updated through waninkokos update
preloader 0.29
I think I have the latest version of the homebrew channel

I did all this updates the first days of april, and set preloader to openthe system menu on boot.
Everything was working fine for a couple of days, I was able to see the wii, menu, play original games, play backup games through gamma and the usb loader

Then I started having problems entering the wii menu, I got black screens, and I rebooted and sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not. But most of the time it worked. The I started having this weird error screen:
wiimenuerror1.jpg

But like before, it sometimes appeared and sometimes not.
So I changed preoloader to start directly in the homebrew channel.
It worked fine for a ouple of days. Then I started getting a new error but now on loading the homebrew channel
HBCerror.jpg

but it was teh same some times, it appear and sometimes I was able to use the homebrew channel normally

And now I can't use neither!! I am always getting the homebrew channel error when trying to load it, and when I try to go to the system menu, I get a black screen after the security and health screen

I have no idea why is this happening, the only things I have been installing this days are waninkoko's cIOS36 updates.

Do anybody have any idea of what can I do?

Thanks in advance for any help!

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm can you still install a boot.dol from the root using preloader? if so can you install the new wad manager that lets you choose an ios 1.4 beta 2 does this as well....

then you could in theory maybe fix this with a wad install of the right system menu...Im sure if you check back someone will have a definitive answer for you though
wink.gif

odrakir1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the replies!

so I need to get the wad manager 1.4 beta 2 dol, and install it from preloader? What will that do? install a channel in the Wii menu? Because I can't enter the system menu.

Or can I open the wad manager directly from preoader?

odrakir1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
but I can't boot the HBC, it frozes and I get the 2 attached image in my opening post

is there a way to fix the HBC or the wii menu directly from preloader?

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
try putting the WADmanager's boot.dol on the root of the SD card and go to the preloader menu and click on "Load/Install File" and then when it installs it click on "Installed File"

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm what country is his flag -.- im thinking he did wanins update on a pal system.

Afghanistan Holland Portugal
Albania

Hong Kong
Qutar
Algeria Iceland Romania
Angola India Singapore
Argentina ** Indonesia Somalia
Australia Ireland South Africa
Austria Israel S.W. Africa
Azores Italy Spain
Baharain Jordan Sri Lanka
Bangladesh Kenya Sudan
Belgium Kuwait Swaziland
Botswana Laos Sweden
Brazil * Liberia Switzerland
Brunei Madeire Tanzania
Cameroon Malaysia Thailand
Canary Islands Malta Turkey
Cyprus Mozambique Uganda
Denmark Nepal United Arab Emirates
Dubai New Guinea United Kingdom
England New Zealand Uruguay **
Ethiopia Nigeria West Germany
Faeroe Islands North Korea Yemen
Finland Norway Yugoslavia
Ghana Oman Zambia
Gibraltar Pakistan Zimbabwe
Guinea Paraguay ** * = PAL- M
Greenland Poland

are all the countrys taht use PAL

UT333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WAD Manager can not be installed with preloader. Get "Channel File Manager" than install the Dol in Preloader Menu, run it and install RestoreMii

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well im a mexican with a mexican wii (i named my wii like that because of the mexican theme i made for him) and its bricked you know i was updating it with wanin 4.0 updater and the light go out in the installation proses the result was a full brick i have like 5 softmod without preloader or starfall unbrick proses if any of the proses work with me i`ll let you know carnal
wink.gif

odrakir1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well it seems it is a complete brick now
frown.gif

I ran the "Channel File Manager" through preloader and I installed RestoreMii, the installation completed, but now my Wii starts directly to the health and safety screen, after that I just get a black screen, I can not longer boot to preloader, so I have no idea what else can be done

anyone has any idea, can it still be fixed now that I can't enter preloader?

odrakir1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wolf-snake said:
well im a mexican with a mexican wii (i named my wii like that because of the mexican theme i made for him) and its bricked you know i was updating it with wanin 4.0 updater and the light go out in the installation proses the result was a full brick i have like 5 softmod without preloader or starfall unbrick proses if any of the proses work with me i`ll let you know carnal
wink.gif

Carnal, good luck with your problem! and thanks for the help

y ni modo, a usar tapa bocas

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks like your system installed a new system menu , but when that happens it overwrites preloader and you lose that option - unfortunately , if it didnt load the system wad properly you lose the ability to preload again.

RestoreMii is quite dangerous this way and i only discovered this as i did this myself last year manually and got quite a fright when i relaised what might have happened had it not worked.

I think theres a way to get zelda to boot with a gamecube controller though you may need a mod chip - but if you can get that working you can re-install hbc and then preloader again , but a lot of research will be needed on how to do it and whats safe and whats not.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok here what i would do

Use gamecube controller to put the Wii into 4.0 recovery mode

Then get a mod chip or flatmii

Then you need to Auto Boot wad manager disc

and then install a hole new system menu 3.2 get marcans update and extract the wads from it
and install them on wad manager

Your lucky that restoremii has the trucha bug still in ios60

Will be hard pm me for more help

Mat

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
odrakir1 said:
well it seems it is a complete brick now
frown.gif

I ran the "Channel File Manager" through preloader and I installed RestoreMii, the installation completed, but now my Wii starts directly to the health and safety screen, after that I just get a black screen, I can not longer boot to preloader, so I have no idea what else can be done

anyone has any idea, can it still be fixed now that I can't enter preloader?
Dude, RestoreMii is not a game channel its a system menu.
Your Wii probably though it was a channel.

And are you sure you selected your right region?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?